Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHPBB3 Olympus Gold Release - Will we get a Bridge File now?  (Read 9281 times)

serpent

• Coppermine newbie
PHPBB3 Olympus Gold Release - Will we get a Bridge File now?
« on: December 11, 2007, 01:33:19 am »

The Gold Release for phpbb3 Olympus is announced for 13th December. Will we get a working bridge file then? I know, that there was still no support from the officials while olympus was in Beta. But what is now? I want to covert my phpbb2 to phpbb3 with the release of Olympus Gold, but of course I need a bridge File before that.

THX
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 09:11:45 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: PHPBB3 Olympus Gold Release - Will we get a Bridge File now?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:17:43 am »

The bridge file will probably not come from the dev team, but needs to come from the community of phpbb users. That's what the thread phpBB 3 olympus and coppermine 1.4.10 bridge integration is meant for: it's a user-contributed beta bridge.

It doesn't mean much to me what stage of maturity the phpbb3 release has: we have a strict policy for our releases that says: no new features for existing releases. New versions of new forum apps that could potentially be bridged with coppermine (provided that there is a bridge file available) come out all the time. Yes, I'm aware that phpbb is pretty popular, and I'd love to see a bridge file for phpbb3 as well. But you can't expect it from the devs: none of the devs is using phpbb afaik.

Try to see it from a developer's perspective: for us, development for cpg1.4.x is over. We're busy developing cpg1.5.x. We won't spend any effort into developing a version that will soon become outdated (well, soon in terms of "in some months").

I understand that end users often expect to be spoon-fed, but after all, we're not Santa Claus. At least I don't own a pair of red boots.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:26:09 am by GauGau »

ccirim

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 01:23:45 pm »

Hi friends

I have istall phpbb3 and I execute the bridge with the file posted in phpBB 3 olympus and coppermine 1.4.10 bridge integration
but I have this error:

Fatal error:
Cannot redeclare cpggetmicrotime() (previously declared in /web/htdocs/www.agagaag.net/home/fotogallery/include/init.inc.php:35)
in /web/htdocs/www.ferwefrwerf.net/home/fotogallery/include/init.inc.php on line 33

someone to help me?!?!?

thanks

lycwolf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 01:00:06 am »

So it appears that the Coppermine community doesn't give the slightest damn about supporting integration with "new" software? All I see here is a bickering between people who want to upgrade but dont have the means of making there own bridge, and those who have what it takes, but just don't care about supporting the continued use of their software.

I guess it's time to switch galleries.... Thnx guys.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 02:36:39 am »

Which part of needs to come from the community of phpbb users did you not understand?

@ccirim: you set the relative path wrong - it needs to be the path to phpbb not Coppermine.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 09:11:02 am »

Closing. Locking. Taking karma.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 16 queries.