Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: old topic, new question  (Read 7570 times)

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
old topic, new question
« on: September 30, 2007, 05:35:15 pm »

i cannot locate this

Relative path to your BBS's config file

Or at least if i have ,i get this

home/users/web/b2822/pow.catweasel/belizephotoconfig.php doesn't exist. Correct the value you entered for Relative path to your BBS's config file

or this

You need to correct these errors before you can continue. Go to the previous screen.
home/users/web/b2822/pow.catweasel/htdocs/config.php doesn't exist. Correct the value you entered for Relative path to your BBS's config file

sign in: test
password:  testing    http://belizephoto.belizeriver.net/index.php

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 11:55:59 pm by PYAP »

Nibbler

Re: old topic, new auestion
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 05:38:31 pm »

Well, where is the forum?

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 06:33:40 pm »

www.belizeriver.com

do want a test  id as well ??

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 06:36:02 pm »

You can't bridge across different domain names.

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 06:38:48 pm »

i failed to read that anywhere. I guess i will repoint ?

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 06:41:05 pm »

can i make a subdomain to point the gallery to ?

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 06:43:34 pm »

subdomains will work but you may have problems with redirection. Best idea is to use a subfolder for your gallery and/or for the forum.

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 06:46:26 pm »

thank you

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 06:51:33 pm »

a quick unrelated question.. I assume the bridge makes it easier than all the copy and pasting code ?  i have no idea actually what the bridge does

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 07:01:57 pm »

i have no idea actually what the bridge does

Then why are you enabling it?

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 07:04:25 pm »

because of my assumption

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
Re: old topic, new question
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 09:03:53 am »

i uninstalled and then re installed in the forum database that i want to bridge to.

After upgrading i am informed this

Warning: require(include/config.inc.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web02/b2822/pow.catweasel/belizephoto/update.php on line 25

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'include/config.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.2/lib/php') in /hermes/web02/b2822/pow.catweasel/belizephoto/update.php on line 25

Which lead to this ---

A subdirectory called 'edit' should normally exist in the 'albums' directory. The installer can't find this directory. Check that you have uploaded all Coppermine files to your server.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 09:39:08 am »

Sticky thread: "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!"
Similar instructions in the docs: "Bridging support"

i have no idea actually what the bridge does
Preliminary documentation for cpg1.5.x: "What bridging does"

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
Re: old topic, new question
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 10:07:01 pm »

A subdirectory called 'edit' should normally exist in the 'albums' directory. The installer can't find this directory. Check that you have uploaded all Coppermine files to your server.

the version is .10  Can you update the newest version to www.powweb.com ? the newest i have seen here is .14

I continually receive this and will very very soon just look for another program, perhaps not as nice as yours but at least it might work...

"A subdirectory called 'edit' should normally exist in the 'albums' directory. The installer can't find this directory. Check that you have uploaded all Coppermine files to your server."

Why on earth would i receive such a thing ?  Without that missing file, it is a simple nice photo place for one person.

it almost seems to have been left out on purpose.

A nice worthless program without the one missing file.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 07:42:21 am »

[...]
A nice worthless program without the one missing file.
It's not a file that is missing, but a folder. If you installed cpg1.4.x, the folder should be there in the coppermine package - you just need to upload it together with the other folders/files. If you have upgraded from a previous version, create it.

the version is .10  Can you update the newest version to www.powweb.com ? the newest i have seen here is .14
Most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.13. Don't use auto-installers or auto-updaters provided by your webhost - they are known to be buggy. Only supported install method is the one we describe in our docs. Don't complain if an auto-installer provided by someone else (in your case: your webhost) doesn't work as expected. Follow our documentation, use our "product" if you want to earn the right to complain about it. Ranting about some crippled crap provided by someone else is none of our business.

I continually receive this and will very very soon just look for another program, perhaps not as nice as yours but at least it might work...
I'm not much impressed that you "threaten" to use another application: we don't earn a penny or have any other benefit if you use or don't use the application we provide. Coppermine is open source software released under GNU GPL. It is being provided free of charge. Why should we care if you use it or if you don't?

Why on earth would i receive such a thing ?  Without that missing file, it is a simple nice photo place for one person.
Receive what? The application "coppermine" needs a particular folder (http://your_site.tld/your_coppermine_folder/albums/edit/) to exist to work properly. It uses it internally to store temporary files that are needed to make coppermine work. The question "why do I need this folder" simply doesn't apply - coppermine needs that folder, that's it.

Your last posting deals with something different than your previous postings. In my opinion you should start doing as supporters suggest - I clearly told you what to do. Starting a rant about different things in one thread is not a bright idea at all.

catweasel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 04:22:50 pm »

perhaps, you can call it a rant, but  i would never claim to be an expert. So for fools like me, you should be aquainted with rants.

I do not find any logic in my webhost offering a software program  that doesnt work properly ( according to you , they are bad "installers".. ) 

Maybe so, let us continue the logic. Why are there so many "bugs" anyway ?

It would seem you justify your "bugs" and not mine .
Which my webhost wiill then tell me exactly the same thing as you.

And IF they had not offered your software in the first place i would of likely not "found" you to be the better one. I would not of known about you at all.
I do not like a situation of catch 22. My host says its you and you say its my host and   .....¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I believe i did ask that your site, post at my server, the most recent version for       
                                        MY ease of downloading.

I am willing to pay a small fee to have it work correctly with my phppbb ..  So , let me leave my ranting behind and you perhaps can help me find someone that will do it and everyone will be happy..................................

fair dinkum ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 11:23:01 pm »

OK, enough insults. I keep the bugs that you claim coppermine comes with, you keep your site and do with it as you please. I'm out of this thread. Find someone else to insult.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.