Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users are logged-out of the Gallery over short time.  (Read 6023 times)

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
Users are logged-out of the Gallery over short time.
« on: September 21, 2007, 04:48:01 am »

I have searched the forum and could not find anything that can help me with this problem.

My Gallery is 1.4.13 which is bridged to vbulletin 3.6.4

My users are always telling me how furstrated they get because they get kicked out of the gallery in the middle of upload prosess. The users would start the upload process, then they wait untill all the photos upload. After that the upload page has to redirect the user to a page where the user has to write the descriptions for the images and choose the album where they have to place the photos. But some users never get to that page because the gallery logges them out of the system and it tell them the error message " You don't have permission to access this page " so the users can't finish the upload process and the photos never get put on the gallery.

I found out that when a user gets logged out of the gallery, they have to simply go to the forum and then back to the gallery and it logges them back in to the gallery.

How can this problem be fixed ASAP?

Thank you

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
Re: Users are logged-out of the Gallery over short time.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 07:42:32 am »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and vbulletin:

My users are always telling me how furstrated they get because they get kicked out of the gallery in the middle of upload prosess. The users would start the upload process, then they wait untill all the photos upload. After that the upload page has to redirect the user to a page where the user has to write the descriptions for the images and choose the album where they have to place the photos. But some users never get to that page because the gallery logges them out of the system and it tell them the error message " You don't have permission to access this page " so the users can't finish the upload process and the photos never get put on the gallery.

I found out that when a user gets logged out of the gallery, they have to simply go to the forum and then back to the gallery and it logges them back in to the gallery.

How can this problem be fixed ASAP?

Coppermine install: http://www.y4j.org/y4jers/pics/
Forum install: http://www.y4j.org/y4jers/vbforum/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.13
Forum version: vbulletin 3.6.4
Test user account: vee / password

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.y4j.org/y4jers/vbforum
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  in the defult directory
Use post-based groups?:  1
Cookie name/preifx (if applicable)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:01:14 am »

Works as expected for me - I'm not logged out. Can not replicate. Tell your users to tick "Remember me" when logging in (you better pre-tick it for them by editing your forum accordingly).

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 08:30:38 pm »

Try uploading 5 photos and let the user sit on the upload page for more then 10 min or so. Then try uploding the images. I tesed it with this user and It logged me out. I used the "remember me option" when legging-into the forum.

Could it be the cookies setting in the CPG config that have to be set to the forum cookies name? Because right not the cpg cookies are set to cpg11d?

Note: the vbulletin session timeout is set to 3000

Session Timeout
This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before their login session expires. This setting also controls how long a user will remain on Who's Online after their last activity.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 09:13:29 pm »

The vb bridge only reads the session cookie, not the longer term 'remember me' cookie.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=43454.0

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 10:22:03 pm »

I read the topic you have provided for me. I understand that it reads the session cookie.

Did you try to test with 5 images and wait 10 min. on my site? I want to see if this happends to you also. It's happening to my users and it's happening when I use the username vee and others.

Could you please test it and tell me if it gives you an error message also.
Thanks

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 11:06:35 pm »

I don't need to test it. I can read the code.

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 11:53:46 pm »

So how can I fix this issue? What would you recomend for me to do to fix this issue?

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 12:12:10 pm »

Improve the bridge file. By choosing to use propriety software you have prevented me helping you further.

youth4j

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 04:15:42 pm »

Well thanks for your help, there is nothing I can do to move it back to phpbb because there are lots of other systems that depend on vbulletin now.

If I placed an vbulleting log-in/out box in the header file of cpg. Would that make the users stay on cpg longer?

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 04:18:58 pm »

A box on its own would do nothing. If it contained code to keep the session alive then that would help prevent users actively browsing from being logged out. It won't help users who are idle for longer than the session timeout though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 15 queries.