Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bridging coppermine to phpbb  (Read 4058 times)

loveprofusion

• Coppermine newbie
bridging coppermine to phpbb
« on: September 14, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »

I search everywhere.. but i can't find the answer or solution to my question. I have already a very big photo gallery from coppermine, and i want to have a forum on my site as well. Is it is possible that the coppermine users can log into the forum (phpBB 2.0.22) without register again? I try the bridge, but then i lost all the users from the coppermine gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: bridging coppermine to phpbb
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:48:23 pm »

Is it is possible that the coppermine users can log into the forum (phpBB 2.0.22) without register again?
That's what bridging does.

I try the bridge, but then i lost all the users from the coppermine gallery.
That's expected behaviour if you bridge when you already have users in your gallery - they are lost (see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#integrating_users_start).

To circumvent this issue, you will have to come up with a script that populates the database of the the app you bridge with (i.e. phpBB) with the data taken from Coppermine's user table. I think there already is a thread that deals with this.

loveprofusion

• Coppermine newbie
Re: bridging coppermine to phpbb
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 05:25:31 pm »

That's what bridging does.
That's expected behaviour if you bridge when you already have users in your gallery - they are lost (see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#integrating_users_start).

To circumvent this issue, you will have to come up with a script that populates the database of the the app you bridge with (i.e. phpBB) with the data taken from Coppermine's user table. I think there already is a thread that deals with this.

Ok thank you very much for you answer... i think it will be too difficult for me to make a script like that.. I try to find threads about it.. but i cant seem to find them...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.