Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: MySQL error  (Read 2904 times)

sherekhan

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: MySQL error
« on: March 17, 2004, 04:16:43 pm »

I have downloaded Coppermine 1.2.1 standalone on my server, and now I try to install. I have installed MySQL and created a database and a user for Coppermine. However, when I try to enter these values into the Coppermine installation I get this error message:

Could not create a mySQL connection, please check the SQL values entered

MySQL error was : Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

From the error I get the impression that Cmine is trying to look up the socket in the file /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock. But when I look it up I find a zero-length file, so trying to cat it gives me an error message. Is this file supposed to be empty? Or is there any other way I can tell Cmine which socket to use?

I have double checked that the user name, password and database name is correct, and that the user has access to the database locally.

Any help is appreciated.

System info: Coppermine 1.2.1 standalone, MySQL 11.18, OpenBSD 3.4 and Apache 1.3.28 chrooted to /var/www.

sherekhan

• Coppermine newbie
Solved
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 08:01:21 pm »

I changed the host from localhost to 127.0.0.1, and the damnest thing, it worked. Weird shit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.