Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to hide albums' titles to unregistered visitors  (Read 7183 times)

lemur

• Coppermine newbie
How to hide albums' titles to unregistered visitors
« on: March 16, 2004, 12:16:26 pm »

Hello.
First have to say - couldn't find the answer on the board even if spent quite a lot of time going through. Anyhow-it was good experience! Great deal of useful informations can be found, givin' the idea of how to organize the gallery. I'm newbie in this and recomend to the others doing the same.

My point is:
I'd like to have one big gallery devided into Public and Registered users. Piece of cake having categories? - right.
But how to prevent non-registered users, or other users having not the pernission to view the particular album from viewing titles of these albums?
Setting "Show private album Icon to unlogged user" to "Yes" shows 'Private' icons and titles (inaccessible but visible). Setting it to "No" prevents users from viewing all the albums they should (e.g. default "Group1" user cannot view "Group2" albums even if he have checkbox "Group2" checked out).

Thnx in advance for the answers
lemur

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 05:24:17 pm »

this is a very special request you have there. I'm sure you have your reasons why you don't want the album names appear to people who don't have permissions to view the album behind it (would be my recomendation to reconsider this).
Frankly, I have no idea how to accomplish this without a great deal of modifications.

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How to hide albums' titles to unregistered visitors
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 06:02:31 pm »

Edit;  post deleted, incorrect info  :oops:
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 06:23:43 pm »

Should be available in next version, one or 2 bugs to sort first.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

lemur

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 12:50:03 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
I'm sure you have your reasons why you don't want the album names appear to people who don't have permissions to view the album behind it

Oh, don't guess much too far  :wink:  
Simply I have couple thousands of my own, absolutely family pictures. I hoped to maintain them within the same database I was going to maintain the others for my friends and whomever might be of interest. But I would feel little ambarassed knowing that any stranger could see the titles like: "1998-May-our son 4 years old";"2001-Sep-Ancle Ann's Birthday" or similar.

Thank you very much for answers. I'd better make two separate galleries at the moment and wait a little for next version which - as casper says - might have such feature.

Good luck to the whole team  :!:  :D
lemur

Hawk-s

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 11:30:01 pm »

Sweet! Thanks for the 'next version' teaser Casper. :D

I agree with the possible embarrassment with family and the public openly interacting. I'm not looking to referee between them. I'd just like to virtually separate them, but still able to manage all of it from one login.

So, now, instead of moving onto some other system to better suit my needs, I'll patiently wait. :)

I'm glad to see this post so I can just accept the fact that 1.2.1 just can't have 'no user private galleries' and still use permissions to sub-divide the site via permissions.

TIA for the update.

Galapagos

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.tomdegoeij.com
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 08:14:15 pm »

I would be really helped with this feature as well. So I'm looking forward to the next version in which it hopefully is realised. A big thank you (in advance...) goes out to Casper and the rest of the dev team 8)

tip

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2005, 07:27:07 am »

Hello,

Just wondering if this is possible now with the latest version? if so, how?

thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 08:10:03 am »

replying to a thread that is in the deprecated cpg1.2 support board is not a very good idea - the whole sub-baord is only there for reference. The feature hasn't been implemented yet though, in no coppermine version, and probably never will be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 14 queries.