Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uploading files  (Read 3644 times)

spcricks

• Coppermine newbie
uploading files
« on: July 25, 2007, 12:21:27 am »

Now we have read the support forums, read the support documents, have followed all the procedures and yet we still cannot upload pics, files etc...Now if we place them in a zip file we can upload them...any other files we get this error
Critical error
The file 'albums/userpics/13~0.jpg' can't be inserted in the album

Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

File: /home/c453622a/public_html/photo/db_input.php - Line: 402

spcricks

• Coppermine newbie
Re: uploading files
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:52:55 am »

sorry forgot to send you the link
http://noobgallery.clanservers.com/photo/
and test account info
User name:test_user
password:test

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:16:05 am »

Did you search the board for the error message you got? When searching for "Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image" I get many results.

Picking some threads randomly that are tagged as "solved":

Resolutions discussed/suggested in those threads:
  • enabling "silly_safe_mode"
  • dropping install created by auto-installer and doing a manual install as suggested in our docs
  • setting permissions as suggested in the docs to make the albums folder and everything within it writable for the user the webserver runs under
  • reviewing the "method for resizing images" in coppermine's config: make sure to specify a library that you actually have available on your server. Most users don't have ImageMagick available. They shouldn't have tried to guess the ImageMagick path during coppermine's install. If this is the case for you, try using GD2 instead

You're running cpg1.4.10, while the most recent stable release is cpg1.4.12. It is mandatory to upgrade asap.

mari

• Coppermine newbie
Don't use capital letter and fill all the form fields
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 01:10:06 pm »

I have found that you get this problem if you put capital letters in the file name of the images you are uploading. Also, if you use Upload File option, you need to fill every field, or it will not work.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 04:12:26 pm »

I have found that you get this problem if you put capital letters in the file name of the images you are uploading.
I don't think so, although you should of course avoid capitalization on webservers.

Also, if you use Upload File option, you need to fill every field, or it will not work.
This is not correct, I can not confirm this.

@mari: I understand that you're trying to be helpful, but your suggestions are not related nor have I ever heard that they could lead to the error message the initial thread starter reported. I have explained the most common reasons for the error message. Your explanation is not common at all and I'm afraid that it will be confusing the thread starter or lead him on the wrong track.

@spcricks: please review the possible reasons I posted and forget about mari's suggestions for now. Only if you have made sure that none of my suggestions apply you should take her suggestions into account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.