Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some users unable to see all uploaded files  (Read 4098 times)

Gardengirlart

• Coppermine newbie
Some users unable to see all uploaded files
« on: May 25, 2007, 10:22:18 pm »

Here is a link to my gallery,
http://www.scrappygiraffekits.com/gallery/index.php

Some of my users recently began having issues where they can not see all of the pictures that users are uploading, the comments are there and the titles and they are able to comment on them but they arent able to see all of the photos only a few here and there. 

Most of the users arent having problems but some are one in particular that I have been working with to try and figure the issue out with cant even see her own uploads.

I have had her delete her cookies check her privacy settings and her browser for updates etc.  I just cant seem to figure out what could be wrong.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Some users unable to see all uploaded files
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 09:46:53 am »

You are using cpg1.4.3 - you are running 7 version behind - the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.10. It is absolutely mandatory to upgrade asap.

Gardengirlart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:59:02 pm »

I have  upgraded to the latest release and my users are still having the same issues does anyone have any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:26:36 am »

Your user gallery section (http://www.scrappygiraffekits.com/gallery/index.php?cat=1) contains 51 albums for me. How many are suppossed to be there?

Joachim

P.S. You should really edit your theme - it still contains placeholder content
Fill me with meaningful content

"With the vanity, theme list and languange list & flags turned off, this is a large empty place. Add some thoughtful comments here."
at the bottom ::)

Gardengirlart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 09:19:00 pm »

Thank you, yes I replaced that placeholder stuff last night.  I only do this part time for free so I had to do my real job for a while....  :o  ;)

The thing they are having happen is all of the albums show up... all of the posted item spots show up with feedbacks etc. but the photo isnt there and it says No Image in the place of it or something like that.  Its not a red x, it actually says no image to display... but there is no ryme or reason to which show and which dont.  It may be some from one user and none from another.... its random but it doesnt really change with each log in.  Only about 8 users are having this issue.  I am completely stumped.  I have logged in with their usernames and I see everything from my computer with their names... so its not a setting on their account with the gallery unless it is some sort of setting such as a cookie type thing.  I have had each girl delete all their cookies and dump all the temp files.  I renamed the cookie from our gallery.  I checked all the gallery settings and still it continues to happen.

These are my totals for the gallery "1655 files in 123 albums and 6 categories with 4254 comments viewed 27436 times"

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:19:50 am »

Post a deep link to a page that doesn't behave as expected.

Gardengirlart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 05:26:57 pm »

Here is one, this is actually something that one of the girls who is having the problems uploaded herself and she cant see it at all.

http://scrappygiraffekits.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10222/ThatBoy.JPG

http://scrappygiraffekits.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2185

http://scrappygiraffekits.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10222/thumb_ThatBoy.JPG

I wasnt sure which links you wanted so I gave you all three.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 05:49:24 pm »

I don't understand what your issue is: http://scrappygiraffekits.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-2185 displays the embedded pic as expected. Are you saying that everyone (including guests) can see that page just fine, but the user who actually uploaded it can't? If yes, then I'm 99.99% sure that this is something on the user's client: some caching mechanism, some pseudo-security application, improper browser setup.

Gardengirlart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 08:16:05 pm »

basically yes and then a little no.  In this case the uploader of this file cant see it but she can see the words describing it and the comments.  She also cant see some that other people have uploaded. But then other files right next to it are fine.... There are a dozen or so users that are having the same issue and I just dont know what to tell them to try to fix it...  also to make it even more mysterious she is a member of many other galleries using the same software and she can see those fine.... (or so she says.)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 11:23:07 am »

I'm still convinced that this is a client issue. As I said, this can happen if users have client issues (e.g. the notorious "Norton Internet Security"). However, to make sure that it's not a coppermine issues, please post the user account data of that particular user if you can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.