Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making uploading images more user-friendly?  (Read 1921 times)

smalltown

• Coppermine newbie
Making uploading images more user-friendly?
« on: May 03, 2007, 03:43:40 pm »

Hi, I'm new to CM and my users are NOT techy.

It seems that for visitors to find the upload link they have to mouse over that cryptic "@" sign in the upper left. If they do find and hit the "upload" link it takes them to a general upload page, not one for the album they were just looking at. This is two levels of confusion that I think will probably stop most of my visitors cold.

Ideal I think would be a big, simple button on any album page that says "upload images to this album." Right in the middle. Then if you clicked on it, the upload form would automatically assume you wanted to upload these to album 6 if you clicked this button on album 6.

This seems like the type of thing someone else would have thought of, for sure. Before I go in there trying to reinvent the wheel and most likely breaking everything, I wondered if someone else had had this programmed/found a mod or plugin/knew for sure it couldn't be done.

Thanks ...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:52:40 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Making uploading images more user-friendly?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:58:01 pm »

The position of the upload button is a matter of what theme you are using. If you don't like it then use a different theme. Automatic selection of album based on what album you are viewing is in the next version of Coppermine.

smalltown

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Making uploading images more user-friendly?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 04:06:07 pm »

thank you Nibbler, very helpful info. Appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.