Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Memory Usage  (Read 2909 times)

totc

• Coppermine newbie
High Memory Usage
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:43:01 pm »

Well this problem just started about a week to a week and a half, maybe it was there before but it wasn't this bad.

Gallery has just above 1000 pictures, resolutions vary from 100 px to more than 2000 px..

The problem is when I upload a picture the memory goes up 4-5% and sometimes a whole 10% and it stays.. Like if the script/process still continues to do work. I cannot upload more than 6 pictures at one time because it will make the Memory Usage to the 90's and then the CPU Usage skyrockets and crashes the process which leads to a restart of process'.

I caught the error by myself because the server kept going down after I would upload about 10 or so pictures to a point where I could not use the server anymore because it was unresponsive.

It takes about 4-5 hours for the memory to go back down and causes a lot of delays. On top of that they have been nice about and and haven't suspended my account because I am trying to fix since this is a program they know is suppose to handle that type of load. I have gone to the extend as to change my gallery to another server with a new database to see if it was the server, but its not. The new server has about 10 domains in it and mine is not even available to the public and uses 60-70% of all the resources because of Coppermine.

Please Advice!

I have my gallery installed in 2 server with the same host.
http://www.anahionline.com/galeria/
Server 1:
Duo 2 E6600 2.4 GHz
2 GB Memory
2 x 200GB HDDs

http://www.anahionlinemedia.com/galeria/
Server 2:
AMD Opteron 2.0 GHz
4 GB Memory
2 x 500GB HDDs

With cPanel on both.

totc

• Coppermine newbie
Re: High Memory Usage
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 01:32:12 am »

I've closed the first gallery and since batch uploading doesn't crash the server that is what I'm using.. It is only when I upload the files individually one by one that it makes the server go crazy.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 01:40:06 am »

What process is actually using the memory? Does switching GD2 <-> IM help?

totc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:44:14 am »

What process is actually using the memory? Does switching GD2 <-> IM help?

top process go as [php] and [php] /displayimage.php

And no I started having the problem with GD and when I started to use IM my domain was put on hold because of the high process usage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.