Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When to run update.php?  (Read 4126 times)

Dmitriy Katkov

• Coppermine newbie
When to run update.php?
« on: April 24, 2007, 12:11:10 pm »

Hosting-provider just had upgraded PHP and MySQL to version 5 (from 4).

For very first look, CPG1.4.8 keeps hormal working as previously, and question is: should I run update.php anyway? Can somebody, please, briefly explane, what particular cases it should be run (except CPG version upgrade)?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 05:44:53 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: When to run update.php?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 01:09:13 pm »

run update.php if something in coppermine has changed. Upgrading from PHP4 to PHP5 is not related, there's no need to run Coppermine's update.php.
However, running Coppermine's update.php doesn't hurt: you can run it as often as you see fit.

CPG1.4.8 keeps hormal working as previously
It is absolutely mandatory to uprade to the most recent version of coppermine (currently cpg1.4.10). This is not related to the PHP upgrade on the server: there are reasons why coppermine maintenance releases come out - they fix bugs. In your case, some security-related bugs have been fixed that need to be addressed immediately by upgrading from cpg1.4.8 to cpg1.4.10!

Dmitriy Katkov

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 01:33:56 pm »

It is absolutely mandatory to uprade to the most recent version of coppermine (currently cpg1.4.10). This is not related to the PHP upgrade on the server: there are reasons why coppermine maintenance releases come out - they fix bugs. In your case, some security-related bugs have been fixed that need to be addressed immediately by upgrading from cpg1.4.8 to cpg1.4.10!

Thanks, GauGau for the answer!
I do know about more safest version 10, but there is the problem: I have many my own modifications in gallery's software, and last time I saw zip with version 10, there were not any patches for existing files, they should be replaced with new ones, by security reason. This is why I have not upgraded yet.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 05:44:40 pm »

and last time I saw zip with version 10, there were not any patches for existing files
I don't fully understand your reply (language issue), but having some custom modifications applied to cpg1.4.8 mustn't keep you from upgrading. As I suggested: upgrading is mandatory. Re-apply your modifications afterwards if you must.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 16 queries.