Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine and Dreamweaver 8  (Read 3935 times)

BrianA

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine and Dreamweaver 8
« on: April 02, 2007, 10:22:22 pm »

???

Hi,
  I am very new to web design so apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I am interested in using Coppermine with Dreamweaver and have had a look through the Coppermine documentation but may have missed something due to inexperience.

How exactly do I link DW to the gallery? If I want to have a link "Gallery" how do I go about it - the answer may be obvious but not to me at present.

Any advice gratefully received.

Regds

Brian
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:38:20 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine and Dreamweaver 8
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:38:05 am »

Not related to bridging at all, moving accordingly. In the future, read board descriptions before blindly posting irrelevant threads.

Dreamweaver is just an editor. Actually, it's a WYSIWYG editor that will interfere with the embedded PHP code in a manner that will break coppermine files (at least if you use out-of-the-box settings). Unless you really know your way around in Dreamweaver and unless you're capable to set it up correctly, don't use Dreamweaver at all to edit Coppermine files. Use a plain-text editor instead (notepad.exe is fine).
We can't provide support for desktop apps.

BrianA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 10:07:41 am »

Hi,
   Firstly I posted it where I did as "BRIDGE" and "LINK" are synonyms - I would have put it elsewhere if it had been clear where to put it - maybe they mean something different in this context . Note - you are addressing a 50 year-old not a 12 year old. No matter where it went as I said I am new and needed advice an abrasive response is not what I expected.

Secondly - if you had read the question instead of "blindly responding" you would have seen it had nothing to do with editing Coppermine files in Dreamweaver.

All I wanted to know was this -- if you create a web gallery as an index.html page in a programme such as iview you can link it to a web page created in Dreamweaver so if I click on the link it brings the gallery up - does Coppermine work in the same way?

Regds

Brian

:(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:17:03 pm »

Firstly I posted it where I did as "BRIDGE" and "LINK" are synonyms
Hm - English is not my first language, so please somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but in my understanding, those two terms are not synonyms (I just looked this up @ websters).

Secondly - if you had read the question instead of "blindly responding" you would have seen it had nothing to do with editing Coppermine files in Dreamweaver.
I haven't responded blindly: your question "How exactly do I link DW to the gallery?" just is invalid. The former is a desktop app, the later a webserver app.

All I wanted to know was this -- if you create a web gallery as an index.html page in a programme such as iview you can link it to a web page created in Dreamweaver so if I click on the link it brings the gallery up - does Coppermine work in the same way?
I don't understand at all: are you aware what Coppermine actually is? It's a pre-made gallery script that runs on your webserver, PHP-driven with a mySQL database. Not something you build on your desktop app. You're of course welcome to come up with all sorts of links pointing from some web page to another web page, no matter what desktop app you used to create the web page.
Please read up the term "Hyperlink"

BrianA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 09:02:53 pm »

Maybe "ueberbruecken" conveys the sense - sorry no umlauts on my m/c. Bridge and Link can be used figuratively as well as physically.

I understand what a hyperlink is - and I understand what Coppermine is. Presumably then you create your web site on your desk top, load it up to the server, create the gallery on the server on your website and create a hyperlink between the gallery and home page online - correct?

Regds

Brian

BrianA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 09:26:01 am »

Problem solved!

Regds

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.