Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Database - 1.3.5 problems after upgrade  (Read 4588 times)

lucas_pln

• Coppermine newbie
Database - 1.3.5 problems after upgrade
« on: March 02, 2007, 06:59:37 pm »

Hello everyone,
I think my gallery got hacked when it was 1.3.5 - I saw bunch of html code under pictures and such.
Since that time I couldnt switch between user and admin mode - it all looked the same.

I checked this website and saw new release.
I made an upgrade - and problems started.

I tried to restore old 1.3.5 version but this is what I got:
www.gallery.cedarpoint.pl

Gallery is only for user's uploads - it's a gallery of user's added pics, I have them all backed up + database + old gallery files.

I also lost my all polish letters + this whole mess with pics and code.

My question is: Is there any way to install a fresh newest version of a gallery and push the old data in it? I tried to copy and paste sql code but it turned out that there is more columns in new database now and values didn't match.

Thanks for any solution,
Lucas
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:12:58 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Database - 1.3.5 problems after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:13:48 pm »

The double page issue is caused by not updating all the files properly. The characters issue can be solved by converting your database content to utf-8 using charsetmgr.php

lucas_pln

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 07:42:49 pm »

The double page issue is caused by not updating all the files properly.

How can I solve this. I understand that upgrade has already changed some files and now it's unconvertible?
Can I download from somwhere 1.3.5 version to restore it and upgrade again? I was looking on google but didn't find anything except one gallery that was preinstalled - not fresh. I was such a dummass that I didn't backup gallery files before upgrade - only pics and sql :-(

The characters issue can be solved by converting your database content to utf-8 using charsetmgr.php

Ok thanks - I will work on that one, and sorry for posting in wrong place.
Lucas

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 07:58:13 pm »

Just upload ALL the 1.4 files and run update.php.

lucas_pln

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 04:41:23 am »

Nibbler - you are the man.

Language fixed by changing database to utf-8
Double front page fixed by running fresh update again.
Missing pictures turned out to be physically missing from the server.

I have one emore issue Im struggling with now - except:  Categories /Albums Groups /Users /Ban Users /Review Comments / Batch add files /Admin Tools /My profile
I don't see any other administrating options (like they are missing or there is an template error) how can I reset template without having configuration link in admin menu?

Thanks,
Lucas

lucas_pln

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 07:12:14 am »

Offcourse - my bad - I didn't update template - I figured it out when I called config.php through direct link.
Sorry for bothering and thanks for all your help - it is aprreciated. I think that topic may be closed.

Best regards,
Lucas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.