Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging to SMF  (Read 2809 times)

jo richard

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging to SMF
« on: February 07, 2007, 06:19:45 pm »

Hi, I have bridged the CG to SMF forum, and it works. But I have one problem; normal users ( not the admin ) can't make albums in different categories, but just in the deafult category. I want them to sort their albums in different categories, but I cant find how to get it to work.

Is that posible to do that, short explained: One normal user ( have only username and password without any permissions ) can create a album in another category:

| Root-category
 |-Other stuff
 |_Family
   |_My parents

every time I try, the album is going to the root-category. I can't choose. Only when logged in as an admin. 

Please help me! Tnx

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Bridging to SMF
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 07:24:21 pm »

Is that posible to do that
No, it isn't - neither bridged nor unbridged. Has been asked very often already and is being pointed out in the docs as well. Non-admin users can not create sub-categories nor albums in public categories. There's no mod, no hack, no workaround. Simply a missing feature. Nearly impossible to come up with a hack without extremely hacking Coppermine's core code.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.