Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EXIF support when php does support exif?  (Read 2162 times)

dkklein

• Coppermine newbie
EXIF support when php does support exif?
« on: February 27, 2004, 08:07:28 pm »

My php installation does support EXIF data. However when I enable EXIF support in config and goto the albums I get the error message that the server does not support exif.

However this is not true because I had it working. I have just upgraded coppermine to the latest version but forgot to make a backup of the old version where I had made a few modifications to get exif to work. I originally found the fix on this board but cannot find it again.
Tommy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 08:52:33 am »

try searching the old board as well.

GauGau

dkklein

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 08:56:41 am »

Ok, through a lot of different posts I managed to piece together something that works.

However I would like to show more of the EXIF data and tried to modify following section in displayimage.php

Code: [Select]
   if (isset($exif) && is_array($exif)) {
        if (isset($exif['Camera'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Camera']] = $exif['Camera'];
        if (isset($exif['DateTaken'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Date taken']] = $exif['DateTaken'];
        if (isset($exif['Aperture'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Aperture']] = $exif['Aperture'];
        if (isset($exif['ExposureTime'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Exposure time']] = $exif['ExposureTime'];
        if (isset($exif['FocalLength'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Focal length']] = $exif['FocalLength'];
        if (isset($exif['Comment'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Comment']] = $exif['Comment'];
    }

to this

Code: [Select]
   if (isset($exif) && is_array($exif)) {
        if (isset($exif['Camera'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Camera']] = $exif['Camera'];
        if (isset($exif['DateTaken'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Date taken']] = $exif['DateTaken'];
        if (isset($exif['Aperture'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Aperture']] = $exif['Aperture'];
        if (isset($exif['ExposureTime'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Exposure time']] = $exif['ExposureTime'];
        if (isset($exif['FocalLength'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Focal length']] = $exif['FocalLength'];
        if (isset($exif['LongFocalLength'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['LongFocalLength']] = $exif['LongFocalLength'];
        if (isset($exif['Comment'])) $info[$lang_picinfo['Comment']] = $exif['Comment'];
    }

LongFocalLength is a property of canon digital cameras. But nothing is displayed from that field. I have verified with a different program that the field do contain a value. The same happens for other fields both common and canon specific fields.

ps I have added LongFocalLength to the language file.
Tommy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.