Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing (or having a different) header for Viper Guestbook  (Read 7177 times)

WC

• Coppermine novice
Changing (or having a different) header for Viper Guestbook
« on: December 15, 2006, 05:19:39 pm »

I've integrated the Viper Guestbook onto my site by placing it into the coppermine folder (named "photos") on my site. I've also used the Coppermine skin to get it to look like the rest of the website theme.

Is it possible for the guestbook.php page to have a different header so that it doesn't have the various menu links from Coppermine displayed above it, and so that the title at the top (which is filled in under general settings in Coppermine) says something different? I don't want it to say "photo gallery" above the guestbook (which it says in the Coppermine gallery) as I want the guestbook to look like it's a guestbook for the whole site and not just the gallery.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Changing (or having a different) header for Viper Guestbook
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 05:38:54 pm »

That's a good question, but I don't think it could be done easily or at all. I think you would need to customize the viper guestbook skin to make it match the coppermine skin, just like you would need to do it for a forum. The drawback to this is that you only get one skin to match your gallery, unlike if you do it as I provided.

If you really want to try this out, you might want to check out guestbook.php since that's where the inclusion occurs. Maybe override the variable responsible for the title.

WC

• Coppermine novice
Re: Changing (or having a different) header for Viper Guestbook
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 05:46:45 pm »

That's a good question, but I don't think it could be done easily or at all. I think you would need to customize the viper guestbook skin to make it match the coppermine skin, just like you would need to do it for a forum. The drawback to this is that you only get one skin to match your gallery, unlike if you do it as I provided.

If you really want to try this out, you might want to check out guestbook.php since that's where the inclusion occurs. Maybe override the variable responsible for the title.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "variable responsible for the title".

I'm just using a classic theme in Coppermine (just a standard subsilver, but slightly customised). I know on some mods (for other php things unrelated to coppermine) you can have a different header at the top to the one you have on your forum. I just wondered if it could be done for Viper too?

Thanks anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 16 queries.