Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another problem after installing  (Read 3849 times)

ritual

• Coppermine newbie
another problem after installing
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:11:02 pm »

hi and thanks for makin these great app. this is the first time i use coppermine and i followed all the instructions in the docs. i set permisions and everything but after ive installed it, and i click the lets go button, i get a error message with this  :o:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 243324 bytes) in /home/vhosts/fotos.6te.net/include/functions.inc.php on line 2033

can somebody please help me :). thanks. :D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Chapter

• Coppermine newbie
Re: another problem after installing
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 01:10:27 pm »

Hi, I have the same problem, but I think the solution in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24088.msg110690#msg110690 insn´t valid because here says how to solve the error in picmgmt.inc.php when upload a file, and this error occurs after install, when i go to the principal page.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 07:38:26 pm »

The thread I refered to is valid: there are possible solutions mentioned there. Basically, this is the message:
Error Message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXXXXXX bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate XXXX bytes) in /some/pathe/to/a/file

Meaning:  You have exceeded the memory allotment given to you in php.ini
Ask your webhost about memory limitations for your account.

Thibault

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:26:51 pm »

Greetings,

I have exactly the same problem: Right after installation process (no error message), i click on go button and.... exactly same error message.
Of course i read the many messages in this forum about this memory fatal error, looking for of a solution...

And only i could find was to ask webhost to increase memory allocated to my account.
Of course i was answered this is impossible.

- Does that mean i won't be able to use Coppermine at all?
- Why is Coppermine using so much memory even with an empty gallery? Isn't that a problem? I have a BB with almost 100,000 posts and i never met this fatal error before...

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:02:31 pm »

Access your gallery via index.php?lang=english, then go into config and disable the language fallback feature. Then reset the language by going to index.php?lang=xxx
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.