Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows to Linux Migration Issues...  (Read 2608 times)

travisv23

• Coppermine newbie
Windows to Linux Migration Issues...
« on: November 19, 2006, 06:43:42 am »

Hey guys,

I just moved all of my files from a Windows 2000 Advanced Server to a Linux server and am having some problems with my coppermine gallery.

I did a search in the FAQ and on the forums and the only thing I really found was this post:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=15322.0

It addresses a similar issue and states that I should really only have to transfer my files from one machine to the next (which I did) and then import my previous database.

By doing this, I recieved database errors. So, I attempted to circumvent this issue by simply creating a fresh install (which was successful) and then attempting to import the old database to match the albums folder. This, however, wasn't so good. I am recieving the following error:

Fatal Error
While executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg1410_config" on 0

mySQL error: Table 'travisv23photos.cpg1410_config' doesn't exist

-------
Not quite sure what to make of this. The 'travisv23photos' is my MySQL database for Coppermine... and I am running v1.4.10

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do from here??

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 07:03:01 am by GauGau »

travisv23

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Windows to Linux Migration Issues...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 07:00:38 am »

Just wanted to let you know I finally figured it out. Of course, within 5 minutes of posting my request... I had already spent an entire day trying to figure it out first... then I get it after going through the trouble of writing it all out.  ::)

Here's the fix for those that don't follow....

After importing the old database, follow-up by replacing your /includes/config.inc.php file.

Here's why...

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                "cpg11d_";

In the above statement, your table prefix may be different. Altering the database name, username, etc isn't enough... you need to make sure you have the correct prefix!!

Hope this helps someone else!!

BTW, additional info for search results....
I switched from my own windows server to a GoDaddy Linux server
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 16 queries.