Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem staying logged in and moving files  (Read 5892 times)

Bruce

problem staying logged in and moving files
« on: November 08, 2006, 12:24:18 am »

My assistant is having an intermittent problem lately and I have no clue what is causing this.

What is happening is he logs in okay, but after uploading a pic he seems to be logged out. After his pic is uploaded he gets the screen to move to directories, but he is not given the choice to move to ALL directories, saying he needs to log in to be able to do that.

He is in the registered group. Permissions for that group are no upload or storage limit, admin approval is not required (it isn't for ANY group). In config permissions are set that unregistered users or guests can upload without approval, although they have a storage limit of 2 megs.

I'm just baffled and can't see what is going on here. It doesn't do this all the time, either. One day he can upload 10 pics and move where he wants - the next visit he can't.

Can anyone give me a clue what might be going on here? I've gone over the config andd group permissions over and over, and the documentaion without finding a clue.

Bruce

Re: problem staying logged in and moving files
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 12:29:59 am »

Ack - it would help if I included a link to my gallery, I guess ....

http://sunrisersalumni.org/gallery/index.php

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 07:49:40 pm »

No help with this, huh?
Wonderful....

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:58:10 pm »

Okay - just got another email from my assistant. This is the jist of it...

should have in the list of names (L-R) Mark Casio_Tony Reilly_Frank
Simpson_Larry Visconti. After each command in adding Mark's name, I have to
log on again for it to process that command.

Here's the steps I have to go through,
1, click photo, then log on to "Edit File Info".
2, Click edit file info and log on again.
3, Add my "edit to the file" info (Mark's name) , click "Apply
modifications" and I have to log on again.

This is the message (below) I get at each step, to continue I have to log on
again. When I get to the final step (to add my "edit file info", in this
case adding mark's name to the photo) I get the message below again and it
won't let me complete the edit. (I log on one more time and still get this
message)

This is the message I'm getting, AT EACH STEP, when I attempt to do it
myself. Would you please add Mark's name to the photo for me? Thanks...

Error   *You don't have permission to access this page.*

There has to be an explanation for this. Can I get any help here?

Bruce

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 02:45:53 am »

Come on, guys ... give me some help here, okay?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:16:43 am »

If your issue happens after uploading, we would have to look into uploading ourselves. Therefor, we'd need a non-admin test user account. Post one if you want help instead of ranting and bumping many times over.
Keep in mind that this is not a hotline. Read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#lamesupport

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 04:52:05 am »

If your issue happens after uploading, we would have to look into uploading ourselves. Therefor, we'd need a non-admin test user account. Post one if you want help instead of ranting and bumping many times over.
Keep in mind that this is not a hotline. Read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#lamesupport

An account is not needed - anon users can upload to most folders and admin approval isn't needed.
I can't understand why every time my assit clicks on ANY item he gets logged off. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 05:02:36 am »

When using guest uploading, how are we suppossed to look into your issue ::)? You report that the actual problem is that your assistant gets logged out after uploading. A guest user will of course not get logged out at any time, because he already is.
Please do as supporters suggest if you want help. I'm not going to beg you to let me support you. I'm out of this thread.

Bruce

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 05:46:54 am »

When using guest uploading, how are we suppossed to look into your issue ::)? You report that the actual problem is that your assistant gets logged out after uploading. A guest user will of course not get logged out at any time, because he already is.
Please do as supporters suggest if you want help. I'm not going to beg you to let me support you. I'm out of this thread.

Excuse me for misunderstanding what you asked.
If anyone ELSE feels like helping out ... log in as coppermine/test

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 06:18:28 am »

Everything seems normal to me !
- Create an albume
- Uploade an image
http://sunrisersalumni.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=10
- Also edit file
Never loged out
Ask him (your assistant) if he has an internet security app like Norton internet security
Also this error
Error   *You don't have permission to access this page.*
that you've posted before, is not a CPG permission error , it is a web server permission error
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Bruce

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 03:36:06 pm »

Everything seems normal to me !
- Create an albume
- Uploade an image
http://sunrisersalumni.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=10
- Also edit file
Never loged out
Ask him (your assistant) if he has an internet security app like Norton internet security
Also this errorthat you've posted before, is not a CPG permission error , it is a web server permission error

Thanks, Sami. I just don't know what's going on. I saw the pic/album you created okay.
When you say "web server error" ... which server do you mean - my host or my assistants ISP? He is running ZoneAlarm, but says he has checked that already. Note he has uploaded appx 60 photos already before this started happening.

I'm just baffled:(   Thanks for checking.

Bruce

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 08:20:56 pm »

Well - here we go again. Just got emailed by 2 more members who say they keep getting logged off for no reason. Neither runs a firewall (but I do), norton, or any of that.

It's getting to the point where I may have to dump Coppermine and try something else. I can't have this kind of thing going on.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 07:18:59 pm »

Coppermine uses Cookies to store your login info , If you get loged out then it means that you have cookies problem , and cookies are client side stuff ,
So you need to look for something wrong on your browser or internet security app ....
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Bruce

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 09:19:22 pm »

Coppermine uses Cookies to store your login info , If you get loged out then it means that you have cookies problem , and cookies are client side stuff ,
So you need to look for something wrong on your browser or internet security app ....

Yes - I understand that, but I can only repeat what people are telling me. I have no problems at all, and neither did you when you tried it. I've advised them to check they have the proper permissions set in their browsers to allow cookies but can't go further because they use different browsers and I can't see all their options for allowing cookies to be set from where. My last advice was to set to allow ALL cookies to see if that helps. From there I guess they can refine what cookies are allowed until they get booted off again and then step back a notch.

One also uses Zone Alarm Pro. Since he is using Windows XP as his OS, I've advised him to disable Zone Alarm and use XP's firewall - which I believe is somewhat easier to setup.

Just have to see what happens next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.