Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album images/galleries not showing after upgrade  (Read 3853 times)

JTynes

• Coppermine newbie
Album images/galleries not showing after upgrade
« on: October 31, 2006, 03:05:32 am »

First things first: i changed servers/hosts and brought Coppermine and the rest of my website along for the ride. I uploaded everything and since I needed to upgrade Coppermine anyway, I got the latest version, saved all the requisite files and uploaded the new stuff.

Now, I also used myPHP to backup the old stuff from my previous host. I then backed it up onto the new mySQL with myPHP. I think that went okay, though it's hard to tell.

When I ran my install the first time, it told me it was locked. I thought maybe I should select install over upgrade since it was a new server. So I then ran upgrade and got some errors. I deleted all the files from the server except Albums and the two other PHP files needed and uploaded the files again. This time I ran upgrade and everything went fine.

But when I got into the gallery http://www.neckofwoods.com/coppermine no images are showing up. Now they do exist in my  albums folder but they are not showing up in the actual Coppermine gallery. I ran a diagnostic that showed some files out of whack. I think I was running 1.3x (not sure exactly). Now I've got a good install of 1.4.10. It found a few .html files in the albums folder that needed to be replaced with .php files. I checked to see if there was any data in those index.html files that would need to be transferred. I could not see any. So I put those new files up there. BTW I didn't see mention of this situation in the upgrade guide for my 1.3 to 1.4 move. It appears you need to move an index.php into the albums folder to replace the index.html

I wonder if the backup of my database included data or excluded data that caused trouble. I read here what to get and got that but I am on a new server. I don't know if that would matter. It didn't when moving WordPress.

I think the issue involves that mySQL but I don't know where to begin. The database was updated after I did the upgrade, so I don't think I can restore my old database without causing problems. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Oh, strangely, all my settings from the previous install -- in the admin panel -- are all intact. But it doesn't seem to know there are images/albums anywhere. Help  :-\

Nibbler

Re: Album images/galleries not showing after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 03:54:55 am »

Make sure you have done all the steps in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#moveGallery

Browse your Coppermine database using phpmyadmin and see if the pictures and albums are actually in the tables. If not then you probably made an incomplete backup/restore.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 05:16:54 am »

• When upgrading, you don't run the installer. You appear to have done things the other way round than recommended: you're not suppossed to install a vanilla copy and then import the dump from your old, outdated version. You should upgrade exactly as suggested in the docs in the future
  • It's dangerous to blend two steps into one: moving servers and upgrading. If you can't get this solved I recommend starting from scratch on your new server: restore the outdated copy of coppermine on your new server, check that things work as expected, then perform the upgrade

JTynes

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 06:12:01 am »

Well, you are probably right but the time was right :P so I decided to go for both the move and the upgrade at the same time and that may have caused problems.

But before I go and install a new older version of CPG, which is what I think you are suggesting, I want to check on the instructions provided. I read them before and followed them pretty well. But I didn't understand this:

"restore the mySQL table by running the queries of the dump files you created in step 2"

What does it mean to "run the queries of the dump files"? I restored in much the same way I restored data in my WordPress setup: opening up myPHP, selecting the database, picking SQL and then selecting my backup file. Now I'm not sure I selected the data needed. I had a few boxes selected by default that I left selected, though the one mentioned NOT to select was not selected. So I'm not sure that I got the right data backed up.

And then I'm not sure that I went about the proper way for restoring. As I said, I followed a routine I used with Word Press but the instructions in the CPG guide for "running queries of the dump files" has me a bit confused. Some clarity on that would really help. Maybe I can get this setup going without having to install the old version, restoring the database -- something I'm still not sure I'm doing properly, and then upgrading the program.

Thanks so much for your quick and helpful replies. Anything more you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.