Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot alter category names or upload but logged in as admin  (Read 3041 times)

somebody

• Coppermine newbie
cannot alter category names or upload but logged in as admin
« on: October 17, 2006, 06:59:59 pm »

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with my categories, albums and uploading which leads me to think it might be the permissions.  I have misspelt a category, but when i go to the Categories button logged in as admin, it lists them all but without any icons in the Operations column so I can't alter the misspelt one, or delete it.  The option to sort the albums is there though.

I have looked in the documentation relevant sections, and searched the forum, but being new to Coppermine I've exhausted my minimal knowledge how to go about fixing this.  I've checked the groups/users/config sections as far as I can, enabled debug, and changed the 777 permissions, but I'm not sure what needs to be done.  I also made another admin user and deleted the original, but that didn't cure the problem either.  An aside issue is that when I upload pictures they appear to be 1px wide and won't display.

My gallery is here: http://www.nobodythere.co.uk/index.php

The domain is an add-on to another domain, the webhosts are aware of this, but didn't indicate it would cause any problems.  They uploaded coppermine from the control panel at some point, but I have since overwritten that by reloading from my original coppermine zip in case the cpanel version was the problem.  Some of the style formatting seems to be lost as well as the theme doesn't have separated buttons.

It might be that there is something basic wrong with my settings, but I'm not sure what to look for, and since the Operations columns is an obvious problem I've put the query in permissions to start with.

Any help where to look next appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:39:45 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: cannot alter category names or upload but logged in as admin
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 07:05:50 pm »

You have a permission issue on your images, when trying to access http://www.nobodythere.co.uk/themes/hardwired/images/ I can see all images are there, however when trying to access one randomly picked from the list (I tried http://www.nobodythere.co.uk/themes/hardwired/images/edit.gif), I get a 403 forbidden error. Check for improperly set up hotlink protection.

somebody

• Coppermine newbie
Re: cannot alter category names or upload but logged in as admin
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 07:29:17 pm »

stunning!  many thanks indeed.  the website hosting the coppermine gallery is an add-on, so it was taking the permissions for hotlinking (disable) from the domain it is added on to.  enabling hotlinking for that domain has brought all the style, icons and my pics back in the coppermine gallery.

problem solved, cheers!

sam
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.