Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with path of ImageMagick  (Read 6353 times)

FreeMail

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.myphotodb.com
Problem with path of ImageMagick
« on: February 09, 2004, 11:01:04 am »

i encountered this problem:

The installer can not find the 'usr/bin/convert/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

my web host provider told me that the path is usr/bin/convert/  , i was able to install Gallery with the same path but have problem installing with Coppermine, any tips?

TIA!

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 11:58:24 am »

try /usr/bin/
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

FreeMail

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 12:01:22 pm »

The installer can not find the 'usr/bin/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 11:57:38 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3694 - see carsten's posting. Did you set the permissions appropriately?

GauGau

athein

• Coppermine newbie
Path to ImageMagick problem.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 12:03:46 am »

I have the same problem using the installer. I have used several variations on the path name, i.e., with ending slash /use/X11R6/bin/, without /use/X11R6/bin; with convert named, /use/X11R6/bin/convert, /use/X11R6/bin/convert/ to no avail. I can see the convert file and know exactly where it is located, /use/X11R6/bin/.

Is it a problem with the installer? Maybe i can edit the config file and insert the path name there...

Any ideas? Completed the installer by leaving path blank and defaulting to G2. Would prefer ImageMagick.

Whoops, forgot to add that i have Gallery running on the same server and it's using ImageMagick without a hickup.
Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 12:18:26 am »

hm, never heard that happen. Did you set the permissions for the account the webserver runs under to read/execute convert?

GauGau

athein

• Coppermine newbie
Good idea, i'll double check.
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 12:55:25 am »

I checked the permissions on the convert program (I had the same hunch that it was a permission problem), I can't check right this moment, but i remember the permissions being 777 apache, apache.  But why would Gallery run using ImageMagick and not Coppermine? Note, this is not my server but a hosting company. I am tempted to go back to running my own though;-)

If they do not have readable/writable permissions on ImageMagick files, i will suggest this to the hosting company.

athein

• Coppermine newbie
Fixed, i think
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 01:04:50 am »

In the config area of coppermine, I decided to insert the path to convert, /usr/X11R6/bin/ and select ImageMagick from the dropdown menu instead of G2. I hit submit and it apparently seems to be using the new values. Does that mean it's really using ImageMagick? Is there anyway to check that it's changed from G2? Is it just pretending to use ImageMagick,  :P

FreeMail

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 01:06:14 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3694 - see carsten's posting. Did you set the permissions appropriately?

GauGau

Thanks for the reply!  Will check with my webhost regarding the permission settings, but we were able to run Gallery and 4image photo gallery with the above mentioned path.

Carsten

• Coppermine novice
typos in your path
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 04:31:32 am »

I guess you both make too much typos ...

Quote from: "Freemail"
The installer can not find the 'usr/bin/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick

It should be  /usr/bin/, don't forget the first slash.

Quote from: "athein"
I can see the convert file and know exactly where it is located, /use/X11R6/bin/.

Probably the name of the directory is /usr/, not /use/.

Greetings, Carsten

FreeMail

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2004, 08:09:12 am »

Thank you for your reply!

The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/convert/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

and

The installer can not find the '/usr/bin/' directory you have specified for ImageMagick or it does not have permission to access it. Check that your typing is correct and that you have access to the specified directory.

:(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Fixed, i think
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 12:36:36 am »

In the config area of coppermine, I decided to insert the path to convert, /usr/X11R6/bin/ and select ImageMagick from the dropdown menu instead of G2. I hit submit and it apparently seems to be using the new values. Does that mean it's really using ImageMagick? Is there anyway to check that it's changed from G2? Is it just pretending to use ImageMagick,  :P
For a test, do something only ImageMagick is capable of: insert a gif! (it'll have a ridiculously large size; remember - it's just for testing wether ImageMagick is working). As I'm one of the coppermine team guys I'd probably have to say: "if it's 'IM' coppermine config, it'll be IM", but you never know... :wink:

GauGau

FreeMail

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 11:12:53 am »

any other tips on this? i'm stuck with installation that i can't continue :(

athein

• Coppermine newbie
Use coppermine without ImageMagick.
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 07:28:30 pm »

If you want to use coppermine, just don't put anything in the path to ImageMagick, just leave it blank. The installer will install and voila, you'll have a photo gallery which will either be using G1 or G2 to convert images. My hosting company does not support ImageMagick, so i've relented to having coppermine use G2. Honestly can't tell the difference since i don't use it for gifs, only my digital camera photos. I know i know, but life's just too short for G2 to be a deal breaker for me, but that's just me!

FreeMail

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2004, 12:37:31 am »

its working now! :)  check out http://ast.nomadph.com/coppermine/index.php

:)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Use coppermine without ImageMagick.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2004, 09:17:36 am »

If you want to use coppermine, just don't put anything in the path to ImageMagick, just leave it blank. The installer will install and voila, you'll have a photo gallery which will either be using G1 or G2 to convert images. My hosting company does not support ImageMagick, so i've relented to having coppermine use G2. Honestly can't tell the difference since i don't use it for gifs, only my digital camera photos. I know i know, but life's just too short for G2 to be a deal breaker for me, but that's just me!
There's a reason why coppermine supports ImageMagick as well: ImageMagick produces higher quality images and is less ressources-consuming. The drawback is that most recent PHP installs (to be found with most webhosts) have GD lib integrated, but not ImageMagick. Your posting does make sense for most users who are webhosted, however I wanted to make clear that there are reasons to use ImageMagick...

GauGau

soughtmagic

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 09:05:31 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
hm, never heard that happen. Did you set the permissions for the account the webserver runs under to read/execute convert?

GauGau

And how would I go about this? Is this like chmoding or whatever? Because I chmoded includes&albums to 777 and I still get I dont have permission (the imagemagick path is correct) Any clues?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2004, 10:27:05 am »

you need to have admin rights on the webserver (or at least shell access) to change the permissions on the ImageMagick folder. If you're webhosted you probably don't have the permission. As your webhost to do this for you.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 15 queries.