Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with index_pn.php 'doing redirects' to the main url  (Read 14413 times)

novice22

• Coppermine newbie
problem with index_pn.php 'doing redirects' to the main url
« on: September 10, 2006, 03:35:21 am »

Hi,

I recently installed the pnCPG module and have had a real tough time with this module displaying what it is supposed to display. I have set up the correct folder for the coppermine install in my settings, 'cpg', and I have set the right path for my postnuke install. However, for some strange reason, whenever I test the mod, it keeps showing a partial image before finally redirecting me to 'domain.com/index.php?lang=&theme=default' (domain represents my domain). Now, my postnuke install is in a folder above the domain, while the cpg is inside the folder of my postnuke -- I believe the redirect is supposed to be for something like this 'domain.com/postnuke/cpg/index.php' rather than just going to the domain name.

If anyone has come upon this type of issue, please help with the solution.

Thank you in advance. (BTW, I did a quick search to see if there was anything on this, could not find something specific.)

msbr1

• Coppermine newbie
Re: problem with index_pn.php 'doing redirects' to the main url
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:58:09 pm »

I am having a very similar problem... 

I have the latest stable versions of Postnuke (v0.762), Coppermine (v1.4.9), and pnCPG (v3.4) installed.  Postnuke and Coppemine works fine by themselves (http://XXX.com & http://XXX.com/gallery) but the integration does not work correctly:

PROBLEM
If I set pnCPG to be the 'Start Page' under 'Settings', I get two login screens (Postnuke and pnCPG).  Once I login using the postnuke login (the other doesnt seem to work) and go to my homepage, I get 'document not found'.  Also, this is the only way I can get pnCPG/Coppermine to show up at all inside Postnuke...  If I setup any of the pnCPG 'Blocks', they never show up once I login.

I believe it is either related to the pnCPG database/configuration section and/or the coppermine settings... but I am very new to all software involved.

SITE GOAL
I would like to have a the most popular pictures/albums show up on the home page (no login reguired), then once logged in, have a menu item where they can go to their full blown coppermine (without needing to login again), and also have a block that shows the users most recent posts.  All user accounts should be handled through postnuke.

HELP PLEASE
I will be glad to send the login information for the posnuke and coppermine adminrators.  Thanks for making this great integration tool and thanks in advance for the help!

Mike
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:54:10 pm by casNuy »

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:48:52 pm »

Mike,
this seems to be a double posting.

Novice,
send me a pm with some credentials so i can verify, as a minimum a link so i can see what you mean.

cas

koguja

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 01:36:03 pm »

I have also this problem , redirect not working  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 06:53:37 pm »

Then do as suggested and post a link!

koguja

• Coppermine newbie

TMP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 12:11:49 am »

Hi, I had the same problem. Do you have PHP5 installed? Check your "register_long_arrays" setting (has to be "On") in the PHP configuration.

the index_pn does the refresh with the following code:

Code: [Select]
$where = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];
$referer = dirname ($where);
pageheader($lang_login_php['login'],"<META http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;url=$referer\">");

if "register_long_arrays" are Off (standard setting for PHP5), PHP doesn't know the $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'] variable.
Read what "What is required" says from the coppermine manual:

Turning the register_long_arrays ON and everything works fine (in my case).

TMP

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 12:15:38 am »

Hi, I had the same problem. Do you have PHP5 installed? Check your "register_long_arrays" setting (has to be "On") in the PHP configuration.

the index_pn does the refresh with the following code:

Code: [Select]
$where = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];
$referer = dirname ($where);
pageheader($lang_login_php['login'],"<META http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;url=$referer\">");

if "register_long_arrays" are Off (standard setting for PHP5), PHP doesn't know the $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'] variable.
Read what "What is required" says from the coppermine manual:
Note: If your server is using PHP 5+, "register_long_arrays" must be turned "on."

Turning the register_long_arrays ON, everything works fine in my case.

koguja

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 11:37:15 am »

register_long_arrays ON, everything works fine in my case.

I have register_long_arrays ON , but redirect not worked.

I'm using PHP 5.1.6

I has checked and replaced $where = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF']; to $where = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];

Now all OK !!!

hass

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 09:04:30 pm »

Thanks, that thread had the answer to my problem :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 15 queries.