Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error after upgrade  (Read 4285 times)

peggy06

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal error after upgrade
« on: August 19, 2006, 05:43:01 am »

I searched a number of topics on this keyword, but none gave me help with my problem. Hope someone here can help.

My website was hacked last weekend. I had to clean up in a hurry and patch two scripts, so I used the Fantastico link to upgrade to the latest version of Coppermine. Now when I go to my gallery, all I see is "Fatal error."  After reading several threads, I see there are problems with Fantastico, and I won't be using that method again, but what I need to know is how to fix the current installation.

Any help is much appreciated.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Fatal error after upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 06:17:35 am »

Download the installation file from our website and read the docs on upgrading. Fantastico's "latest version" is several versions behind... last I heard it was 1.4.2, whereas the current now is 1.4.8.

Nibbler

peggy06

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 06:52:03 pm »

I enabled debug mode and now I get an error (Unknown column 'player' in field list). Any suggestions?

I will follow TranzNDance's suggestion to download the upgrade files from here and read the documentation, however, I'm leery to try anything further until I get this bug fixed.

If it weren't for the fact that my Nucelus intsallation shares the same databse, I would be looking to uninstall and start over. I don't think it was ever installed quite right from Cpanel.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 06:54:15 pm »

Try running update.php. If that doesn't fix it then you need to check your mysql permissions. Search the board for your error message.

peggy06

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 07:26:10 pm »

Thanks. You are very helpful. My gallery is now up and runnign again, but I'm getting an error message in debug mode. I got the same error when I tried to check my file versions after running update.php. When i clicked the Check file verions link, I got a message "You do not have permission to access this page" and the debug error code.  I understand we are not supposed to include debug output here, so not sure if you can help me or not with the info I've given. Can you point me in the right direction? All users (me) have full privileges for this db.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 07:46:41 pm »

You need to be logged in as admin to use the version checker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 16 queries.