Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New header - Browser display problems  (Read 2754 times)

watergirl

• Coppermine newbie
New header - Browser display problems
« on: August 17, 2006, 04:34:42 pm »

CLOSED - Problem Solved.

I added a header to the "fiappleblue" template.html, to match the rest of a site I'm working on for a not-for-profit lake association at -- and for some reason it is all messed up in Firefox and Netscape. (The page stretches out, creating a scroll at the bottom). I also found, although everything seems to display correctly in IE at first glance, once I log in as admin, the page stretches out again.

I've added this same header/code to my phpBB installation which I bridged with coppermine, and it displays fine in all of the browsers I've mentioned.

I tried adding the header to another theme (water_drop), just to see if perhaps the header/code wasn't playing nice with the fiappleblue theme... but still end up with the same problem.

I created a test account, username: test  password: testing123, and then created an album and uploaded test images. Everything displays as it should in IE but again, stretches out in Firefox and Netscape.

I'm a novice when it comes to writing code so I am certain there is something I've done wrong within the header code I've entered but just can't seem to figure it out? It's odd that it dislays fine in IE but not in other browsers but I've tried everything I can think of to fix the problem, with no luck.

I'd appreciate it if someone with a little more knowledge about this could have a look at the source code and make any suggestions you can as to what I should change in the code.

Thank you!   
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 05:10:15 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: New header - Browser display problems
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 04:46:01 pm »

Add

Code: [Select]
white-space: normal;
to the thumb_caption class.

watergirl

• Coppermine newbie
Re: New header - Browser display problems
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 05:01:33 pm »

Thank you, Nibbler! That solved the problem.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.