Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: small problem after upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.8  (Read 7249 times)

joost

• Coppermine novice
small problem after upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.8
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:12:45 pm »

Hello,

I just upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.4.8 and most everthing works as expected. When batchuploading I used to see the little icons saying OK when an photo was added correctly. Now I just get the little 'x', but the icon images seem to be in place. Only when I forget to select a target map I get the red NR icon, but the others don't show. It appears to be independent of a theme. Even though the icon doesn't show, the upload is succesfull.

Greetings,
Joost
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 02:42:48 pm by joost »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: small problem after upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.4.8
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 12:38:04 pm »

- post a link to your gallery and a test (non-admin) account
- what language do you use?
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 12:44:44 pm »

In fact you should do exactly as suggested in documentation: upload trouble shooting, no matter if you upgraded of have those issues with a fresh install.

joost

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 03:31:42 pm »

Thank you for your response. I did read the manual, turned on debug mode (and turned it now back off again). My fotoalbum is open for guests to do uploads. I made a test account, but removed it again, because only administrators can do batch uploads (not?).

Like I said, everything works fine, except the batch upload: that works also fine but won't show the proper icons. For a screenprint of the problem look here: http:\\www.skygliders.nl\image1.jpg

My coppermine album is here: http:\\www.skygliders.nl\coppermine

There is an images directory under coppermine with the appropriate .gif files

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Joost

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 03:37:41 pm by joost »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 04:24:34 pm »

Send me $500 if you want me to call you and read the instructions to you by phone. If this is too expensive for you, then re-read the instructions more carefully and do exactly as you're suppossed to. Here's the upload troubleshooting section we refered to above, with the important bit highlighted:
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

My fotoalbum is open for guests to do uploads.
Wrong again - it isn't.

Joachim

P.S. URLs must contain slashes (/), not backward slashes (\). If you post them the way they're suppossed to be, they will even be clickable: http://www.skygliders.nl/coppermine/ ::)

joost

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 05:56:51 pm »

Dear 'GauGau',

I understand the tone of voice of your reply, but I have done what it says in the manual. Most albums are open for guests, but after updating and changing things around I made a mistake. Now a number of maps are available for uploads again (by guests).

I am not getting any error messages, I am not having any problems, other then the missing icons when I batch upload pictures (as an administrator).

I will again do as it says in 4.11.4, but I cannot let is sit like that too long... people won't understand what is going on this way.

OK - just did change everthing as is says in the docs - including changing the group settings (except for 'banned').

Just tried batch-uploading as an admin: I still don't get the icons (like OK). Only if I forget to select a map, I do get to see the red NR icons.

I hope you this helps, I certainly don't understand what is happening. If you feel I should do a complete reinstall, then I wouldn't mind doing that either...

Thank you for your patience and help,
Greetings,
Joost

http://www.skygliders.nl/coppermine

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 06:43:44 pm »

OK, it's safe to turn debug_mode off once more, I did the needed checks.
Imo this might be related to restrictive permissions - when accessing http://www.skygliders.nl/coppermine/albums/batch_add/, I get a forbidden error, although there are pics within it. Temporarily disable all hotlinking mechanisms you set up for the albums folder and re-CHMOD (preferably 777). Then try batch-adding again and report back. Also post a deep link to a file that you're trying to batch-add that doesn't work for you.

joost

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 09:32:45 pm »

OK - I did all you suggested. Still no luck. However, let me make sure that we are talking about the same thing. Everything works as expected and uploading works fine. I just don't get the little icons (that say OK, DP, PB), only the NA (earlier I reported NR, but is says NA) icons shows. I would guess that the updated program calls an icon not knows (upon rightcliking on the little x and choosing properties it says:
http://www.skygliders.nl/coppermine/addpic.php? aid=43&pic_file=YmF0Y2hfYWRkLzIwMDZzbG92ZW5pZV9kaXZlcnNlbi8xMDBfMjI3My5KUEc
Please look at this screenprint: http://www.skygliders.nl/image1.jpg in the collumn 'resultaat'.

Greetings,
Joost

Yabba

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 06:03:39 am »

Hi

I have the same problem as joost i do not have the icons but uploads works great. Yes i have checked the upload trouble shooting and i have the same issue as the writer for this topic

Any ide's?
We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)
Fortunately the rest of us are pro's on other stuff at least this applies to me

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Yabba

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 10:29:50 pm »

Thank you. That topic included a good link to an other topic
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28539.0
And Makc666 solution did it for me.

We all cannot be pro on coding. (If so all professional programmers schould be unemployed)
Fortunately the rest of us are pro's on other stuff at least this applies to me

joost

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 11:31:33 am »

I did a clean installation to 1.4.9 and still had this same problem - not having modified anything (I just saw that 1.4.10 is out - I will try that later). But, just by chance, I noticed that the problem was gone today??? Well, as it turns out, when I am in English language mode, I do have the problem, when using Dutch, I don't. I haven't had a chance to look into it any further, but I figured to post this finding here anyway.

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 01:48:37 pm »

Probably means there is white space at the end of your English language file.

joost

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 02:23:54 pm »

I will give that a try (removing the white space) and report back as soon as possible.
Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 15 queries.