Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images won't display  (Read 5701 times)

avoca

• Coppermine newbie
Images won't display
« on: August 01, 2006, 03:22:01 pm »

hi, I am a beginner at this, so please bear with me.

I have installed coppermine successfully and uploaded several pics already. thumbnails are viewable but when you click on a thumbnail, the bigger size pic is not to view, page is simply blank.

tried to read a little the FAQ and documentation for coppermine, but didn't manage to find a solution.

I also run as advised, the debugged version of coppermine, and the here it is what the message in the bottom of the page says when I upload for  ex. a folder of new pics :" NOTES: include/functions.inc.php
Warning line 2922: cannot yet handle MBCS in html_entity_decode()!"

and then "/searchnew.php
Notice line 101: Undefined variable: sel_album"

and then again "Notice line 169: Undefined variable: fullimagesize
Notice line 170: Undefined variable: fullimagesize"

and finally "/include/media.functions.inc.php
Notice line 53: Undefined index: db
Notice line 56: Undefined index: db"

this is my gallery url, http://petersarsgaardhq.com/coppermine/index.php try and take a look at it yourself please, clicking on a thumbnail, to get what I mean.

hope you can help me with this. thanks in advance.  :)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 09:24:48 pm by Nibbler »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Images won't display
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 03:27:01 pm »

I tried but it asked for a login.

avoca

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:39:28 pm »

oh my, yes, I forgot, only registered users can view galleries..  :-[ I'll remove the option now, sorry.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 04:57:59 pm »

Alternatively, you could post a non-admin test user account.

However, it's safe to ignore notices (turn them off in coppermine's config, they are a dev-only feature). Debug_mode doesn't equal "display_notices".

avoca

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 05:05:31 pm »

trouble is if I click on thumbnails  pics won't display (bigger size pics). the page where the pics in bigger size is supposed to stand is blank.

I have disabled the registered users only access, try and see for yourself.  :-\ http://petersarsgaardhq.com/coppermine/index.php

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 05:19:27 pm »

OK, so displayimage.php doesn't show up, but gives you a blank page (e.g. http://petersarsgaardhq.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=1). There can be several reasons for blank pages. Most common reason is that a file got corrupted during upload and subsequently there are line breaks or spaces after the closing PHP tag. This is often the case when not using the proper FTP mode or when using an app that "butts in" and tries to "improve" a file's content before uploading it (e.g. the notorious MS Frontpage). Recommended solution. Get a fresh cpg1.4.8 package, unzip it, re-upload it to your webserver (making sure that your FTP app is set up to overwrite existing files) as if you were performing an upgrade.
Another possible culprit may be andy mods applied or hacks that you tried to implement - if you have any of them, undo them (by doing as suggested above and overwriting modified files with vanilla ones).
This will not harm your existing coppermine gallery, don't be alarmed - you will not have to re-upload everything.

If above advice doesn't help, search the board for "blank" or "blank page" (you may want to limit your search to particular boards only that make sense), you'll find some other (less likely) culprits.

avoca

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 05:44:18 pm »

ok, tried to do as you suggested. normally I can overwrite file son my ftp (smart FTP), but when I upload the cg 148 folder instead of overwriting the coppermine folder (which is cg148 renamed, even if I rename the coppermine folder "cg148" as it was originary called when I firstly uploaded it), the cg148 folder I am uploading no matter what will become a subfolder of coppermine or another folder than coppermine, but they won't overwrite...  ???

I also tried and see if there's something I need to switch so I can overwrite the files properly like you suggested, but I don'y seem able to find it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 07:02:45 pm »

If you can't figure this out on your own (by reviewing the settings in your FTP app), I suggest you ask your webhost for support.

avoca

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 09:13:13 pm »

I did so and they showed me the way out. so you can declare this problem solved.  ;D

thanks for your support anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 16 queries.