Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Must be ignorant  (Read 2362 times)

Trinity

• Coppermine newbie
Must be ignorant
« on: January 27, 2004, 06:36:14 am »

I can't find didly about the batch upload. es I did search both boards. I want to add files that are on the server in batch mode, but all I can see you can do with it is move files from a user gallery to any other gallery. What am I missing here. I want to move some images into CM without loading one at a time.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Must be ignorant
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 07:37:19 am »

[list=1]
  • use ftp to connect to your webspace
  • go to your coppermine folder
  • go to the albums folder
  • create a sub-folder (no fancy signs and spaces in it, only letters, numbers and maybe an underscore or minus in the folder name. Definitely no dot!)
  • go to the sub-folder you just created
  • upload some pics to it
  • close you ftp connection
  • browse your coppermine site
  • admin mode
  • "batch add pictures" in admin menu bar
  • you'll see a list of subfolders of the albums folder. Click the one you created in step 4
  • select an album the pics should be added to in the dropdown list labelled 'Put pictures of "bla" into' (if your dropdown list is empty, you'll have to create an album first the pics should go to).
    By default all pics that don't exist yet in your database are checked. Uncheck those you don't want to add
  • hit 'Insert selected pics'[/list:o]
    GauGau

P.S. what batch-add is not for: you can't move pics from one album to the other with it, so I don't understand this part of your question. Next time, please keep in mind not to use slang expressions when posting - there are quite some people on this board whose first language isn't english...

Trinity

• Coppermine newbie
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 09:13:15 am »

That's what I needed. I appreciate the quick turn around.

About the slang... understood.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.