Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBCode Under Intermediate Picture  (Read 3126 times)

ISBB

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Northwest ZR2's
BBCode Under Intermediate Picture
« on: July 11, 2006, 02:23:08 am »

I have searched and have read posts and threads for the past 2 hours that have been cross linked and so many revisions of code i want to go blind... I know stramm made a plugin ( sorta ) and so did that thejake feller but its either way more complicated than this tiny brain can understand or WAAAAAY more than what i need..

http://www.zuwharrie.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=248&pos=0

That is a working link to WHAT I WANT!! just 2 simple links underneath the intermediate picture... Now being able to javascript copy would be nice but my users know how to highlight and copy and paste...

Thx for the help..
Its gaurunteed.. until it breaks

Lifted trucks are like boob jobs, no matter what size shape or dimension they are always fun to look at.

ISBB

• Northwest ZR2's
Re: BBCode Under Intermediate Picture
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 11:43:48 pm »

No quick snippet's aye..

Lifted trucks are like boob jobs, no matter what size shape or dimension they are always fun to look at.

ISBB

• Northwest ZR2's
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 12:03:35 am »

what works and what doesnt i have read all those... hense in my FIRST post... i sat and read crosslinked threads for hours on ends... all i keep seeing is this doesnt work, i had to do this, this hasnt been tested, this is waay over my head, i cant figure it out, here is a plugin ( which is way too much ) what works and what doesnt... there must be a dozen of those threads that just run on and make no sense!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 07:22:46 am »

What did you expect? Some users managed to get the mods I refered to running. They probably didn't bother to post. Others didn't manage to apply the mods (maybe because lack of skills, maybe because they made an oversight, maybe because the initial code contribution doesn't work), that's why they replied to those threads, asking for help. Don't let yourself get fooled into believing that those mods don't work just because someone posted that he didn't manage to accomplish what the mod is suppossed to do. I'm pretty sure that if you should decide to come up with a mod of your own and post it, there will be others who will complain that the mod doesn't work for them. Does this make your mod bad? Does that mean that your mod doesn't work for you? No, of course not. Consider a mod thread that has a lot of replies just as what it is: a popular mod.
After all, the support board is full of postings of users who complain that coppermine doesn't work for them as expected. Does this mean that coppermine is bad? Maybe... Does it mean that coppermine doesn't work for you? No, probably not. The vast majority of users who manage to apply a mod will just walk away and not post a help request.
If you want clean mod threads (without people complaining that things don't work as expected), we could lock the mod threads the moment they get moved into the mods sub-board, so nobody can reply. Would this be more helpful for you (as a user)?
Just forget about the ifs and buts, but choose the mod you prefer and apply it to your coppermine driven gallery. If it works for you, then fine. If it doesn't work for you, roll back your changes.
What's the use of your posting anyway? You want flawless code? Then code it for yourself... ::)
If your skills are not enough to code this for yourself, go for the trial and error method.

ISBB

• Northwest ZR2's
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 09:13:35 pm »

I guess what i should say is that i cannot find the mod i am looking for... I have found many variations of it. but not what im after.  Yes those links are close to what im looking for and i did implement the one in the FILE Information screen which is a nice addition but what im after is the link directly beneath the picture... I have played w/ displayimage.php for a couple hours trying to figure it out and havent quite gotten there...

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 09:07:33 am »

one of the links GauGau posted above contains your solution
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=29957.msg144659#msg144659

You just need to adapt the output to your needs. Means you have to move around some variables. That's all. Attached is the plugin. You probably want to modify it some more

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.