Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I make an external link to specific coppermine categories/albums?  (Read 9754 times)

erik-osaka

• Coppermine newbie

first of all: thanks to everyone who's helped out so far!  Yall have made the transition from My_eGallery to pnCPG very smooth :)  But I have a couple more questions...

1) No matter what page I look at in Coppermine (pnCPG33) the URL in the navigation bar always reads the same "http://mysite/index.php?module=pnCPG" which is cool, I guess, except that I need to place links to certain photos on other pages of my site/include them in emails to our users etc...

So, for example, how would I create an external link to get to category=clubs, subcategory=club name, album=party name on another page of my website?

we run a site about the night-life in japan and we need to be able to create links between a venue's directory listing (like a phone book) and their photo gallery...

2) Similar to number one... I'd like to create an 'upload file' link on pages other than my coppermine page.  Can someone explain to me how I could do this? The gallery I used before would generate a URL like "http://mysite/index.php?module=My_eGallery&do=upload" which I could paste onto other pages, but I can't do this with coppermine.

Would really appreciate some help with this!  Thanks :)

Maybe this thread will help?
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32567.0;topicseen

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community

How about reading the documentation, agreed not the best but there are some answers:
5.  Link the module into a menu block as : {pnCPG}
   or as :
   {pnCPG:main&task=users} to have a direkt link into a users gallery
   or as :
   {pnCPG:main&task=upload} to have a direkt link into a users gallery for uploading

In the changelog you would find :
Ability to link to category (only from the menu)
Just call the module as :
   {pnCPG:main&category=2}
or   {pnCPG:main&category=3&lang=italian}

These postnuke commands can be translated as follows :
index.php?module=pnCPG&func=main&category=2
Hope this helps.

Cas

erik-osaka

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks! 

Lets say I wanted to also link to a specific album, or photo, what would the arguments for this be?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:34:51 am by erik-osaka »

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community

index.php?module=pnCPG&func=view&soort=1&album=5&pos=135

Hope this helps,

Cas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.