Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some rookie help on upgrading from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8  (Read 4282 times)

dke

Need some rookie help on upgrading from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8
« on: June 09, 2006, 01:54:32 am »

Hi all,

love this software, but i saw the message about the importance of this fix so i though i would give it a shot!

i havent modified anything, i use a skin that is in the default installation of the 1.4.7 package, ive only changed settings that are changeble from "config" button in admin mode.

Never the less ive uploaded about 60 000 pictures to the gallery, i dont wanna loose that, so thats why i am asking! what should i replace to get no visual change in my current setting?

thanks in advance!

/dke
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 08:48:58 pm by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Need some rookie help on upgrading from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:11:46 am »

The documentation (linked above and on your admin toolbar) tells you how to do a normal upgrade:
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#14

For 1.4.7 to 1.4.8 though, there is no need to run update.php although it doesn't hurt to do so.  And afterwards, you can click on the "versioncheck" link to make sure you are synced up with 1.4.8.  Or you can click "versioncheck" on the Admin Tools page (button on the admin toolbar).

Basically, you need to copy the complete 1.4.8 package onto your site, except for anycontent.php, the albums folder, and make sure not to overwrite include/config.inc.php.

But take a look at the documentation and follow it.  It's easy to do.

dke

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 08:11:50 am »

hi, thanks for the help. i did as the documentation said. the thing that makes me wonder is the fact that when i press use config.php i still see coppermine version 1.4.7 at the top of the window. But when i use versioncheck.php most of the files that are in the folder are 1.4.8 (only files files in album/include and anycontent.php and config.php are old from the previous installation) i ran the update.php to, and it added 2 values to the DB (must have been something it missed from before?)

It seems to work okey for now, i just hope i dont get trouble later :)

thansk for the fast reply though! much appriciated!

EDIT: ohh yea, removing install.php and update.php is okey, when you have used these files? IT seems that i dont have to be logged in to use them, so anyone could use em if they knew about em, so removal of em is mandatory?

EDIT again!: just saw that the file config.php was supposed to be updated, i mistook it for the file config.inc.php! i updated config.php but it still says version 1.4.7 when i run config.php thingy, not sure what is wrong, is it supposed to do so?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:34:29 am by dke »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 09:12:50 am »

config.php in coppermine's root folder is not actually part of the cpg1.4.x package - it must be a leftover from a previous cpg1.3.x install. It's safe to remove it, use admin.php instead. We have added a file named "config.php" again to the cpg1.4.x package that will in the end only redirect you. You may have to modify your custom theme (if it's a leftover from cpg1.3.x as well). Make sure that have not only replaced to files in Coppermine's root folder, but the ones in the sub-folders as well, particularly the files in the include folder and the bridge folder (even if you don't have bridging enabled).
If you need further help, post a link to your gallery.

dke

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 05:36:03 pm »

I understood that so i took all the files in include and just copyed them over to my include and choose "no" on all overwrite questions. I use the admin.php it still says 1.4.7 though. Ill give you guys link as soon as im done adding pictures, when i add pictures the page is most like unsurfable since the cpu is 100% all the time. I was wondering another thing aswell. As im having folders with pictures of 12000 in each i get this "Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exeeded in d:\seachnew.php" is there ANYWAY to make this timeout thing longer? Cause the script barly never gets enough to time to read all files thus resulting in the button at the bottom "Insert files" or what is called never appears cause it timeouts before it loads that button (im guessing thats the last thing it loads)

thanks guys!

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 11:09:47 pm »

Please stick to one issue per thread.

For the upgrading issue of this thread, you *must* overwrite files when doing the upgrade.  If you don't, you won't have the new 1.4.8 files.

The only files you should not overwrite are listed in the upgrade documentation: the albums folder, anycontent.php and include/config.inc.php.  Every other file must be overwritten to do the upgrade.  "Versioncheck" will show you if you have upgraded the files properly.

By the way, the supporters do not recommend self-hosting.  There are threads that discuss why if you are curious.  (Please search.) 

dke

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 07:55:21 pm »

ahh i see, i missunderstood that i needed to overwrite ALL files inside "include" but that specific one. Now the upgrade seems to be working as it should :) Thanks alot guys, you can put "solved" on this thread!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 16 queries.