Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joomla/Mambo minor bridging issue  (Read 8897 times)

MilchstrabeStern

• Coppermine novice
Joomla/Mambo minor bridging issue
« on: June 05, 2006, 04:30:50 am »

I used coppermines bridging utility to bridge between my Joomla and Coppermine. It seems to work if I am using internet explorer, sometimes in firefox. However, if I click on the login link in my gallery, it just redirects me the index.php page of my site. Well, I can live with this, since logins will be done through Joomla now. But users need to be able to logout, when the click "log out", it does the same redirecting to index.php.

I am looking through the login.php file and am finding nothing that would be causing this problem. I turned to the init.inc.php file, in the includes directory, and am having trouble finding the problem.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Joomla/Mambo minor bridging issue
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:15:08 pm »

The coppermine package doesn't contain a Joomla bridge, so we have no idea what bridge you currently use, but it is definitely not one that goes officially supported. Read the sticky thread on this board (the one that is labelled "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!"), it should give you an idea what you need to post if you need support ::).

MilchstrabeStern

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 03:33:06 am »

You are correct, there is no bridge between mambo/joomla and coppermine. I think I used the Mambo server bridge by mistake, which worked for the most part.

Should I go ahead and purchase Joombla to bridge the two, or do you have reccomendations for a gallery that will work with my CMS, and allow users to add photos to existing categories, and allow the admin to batch add files.

How difficult is it to create the bridge, I am sure it isn't a fun process, it's just the users that I need to bridge. They login through my CMS, and Coppermine recognizes it too. This was the case with the Mambo Server bridge, the users just can't logout via the provided link.

Anyways, thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 08:25:15 am »

We do not recommend Joombla at all! From our point of view, it's a pirate-app that doesn't respect copyrights and is outdated.
As far as I know most Joomla users use "SMF for Joomla" and then bridge SMF and Coppermine, but I'm not sure about that. Please search the board.

spacepage

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 09:54:25 pm »

We do not recommend Joombla at all! From our point of view, it's a pirate-app that doesn't respect copyrights and is outdated.
As far as I know most Joomla users use "SMF for Joomla" and then bridge SMF and Coppermine, but I'm not sure about that. Please search the board.

I wish you should reconsider about Joomla, if you don't know it then don't speak about it. What you are saying is completely wrong, sorry to say this, i am an official translator of the dutch translation team of Joomla and know Joomla many times better than you do.

first of all, after the split of Mambo and Joomla, the dev team of Mambo stepped away and formed opensourcematters and afterwards Joomla. So the whole Mambo system is made by the Joomla developers, so the thing that you say is not correct.
please read this also: http://www.joomla.org/content/view/35/74/

Who doesn't handle copyrights, Mambo or Joomla, the old dev team of Mambo leaved because of this issue, they leaved because of the mambo foundation wich was not the way it should be. So the reaction of the core team was correct to leave.

On your point outdated, Joomla is alive and kicking and since the start it has had more then 10 releases of the 1.0 release and  the major stepstone version 1.5 is on the horizon with the first beta comming verry soon. Is it alive? Hell Yes! They also achieved many awards example best open source program.

Pirated application, partly correct, what stands in the GNU/GPL license? then the statement of pirated goes away... Also the 1.5 is a major change and is totaly different from 1.0 series and Mambo. And again that statement is totaly incorrect.

for a comprehensive overview of what Joomla realy is, please visit http://www.joomla.org/content/view/154/74/

So are you still thinking about Joomla the same way?
take a look on http://www.opensourcematters.org/ and read about the real thing between mambo and joomla

Tha way Joomla handles bridging:
trough a component as an installable extension in the joomla backend, more info on extensions.joomla.org or direct link:
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,613/Itemid,35/

or if you also have SMF installed this is the configuration:
Joomla + installable extension component called "SMF bridge" made by Joomlahacks.com
SMF is then coupled with Joomla. Al the rest speaks for themselfs, in configuration of coppermine select the SMF method.

I want to apoligise if i was a bit rude but spreading correct information is more usefull. Joomla is a strong and secure interface and is not as bad as you are saying.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 10:05:15 pm »

GauGau is referring to Joombla, not Joomla.

spacepage

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 10:11:04 pm »

Joombla is verry unknow under the joomla users ;)
this nifty B will wause a  lot of havoc, many people would say it is a mistyping :p

an other question about Joomla then :p
Can there be a bridging like there is now for Mambo (wich is stated incorrectly in the list as mamboserver instead of mambo causing a bit of confusion under Mambo users) but for Joomla. But not for the 1.0.x version but for the 1.5 in development version.
A link that helps a lot:
http://dev.joomla.org/component/option,com_jd-wiki/Itemid,32/
All the info right at your hands ;)
The Joomla members are willing to help with it ;)

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 10:22:54 pm »

It's on my 'to do' list already.

spacepage

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 10:25:48 pm »

good to hear that ;)
Just the hint you'd better code for the upcomming release of Joomla, many things have been changed so it's worth it ;)
for a preview (in dutch) written by me of the new system:
http://www.dutchjoomla.org/content/view/868/2/

PS.: who made the dutch language file? i noticed quite a bit of mistakes :s not verry professional looking.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 11:47:17 pm »

who made the dutch language file? i noticed quite a bit of mistakes :s not verry professional looking.
Please respect the "one issue per thread" policy. You're welcome to join the language discussion:
There has been a contribution for a corrected translation of the Dutch language file only recently, and quite some heated argument about it as well. Dutch people seem to be very strict when it comes to their language. Anyway, please review the discussion and make sure that you have the most recent version of the subversion repository (stable branch) before starting to correct it - check http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.cgi/coppermine/trunk/stable/lang/dutch.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 16 queries.