Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic settings  (Read 4231 times)

k

• Coppermine newbie
Basic settings
« on: May 31, 2006, 10:36:20 pm »

Hey
I just got the coppermine 1.3 software with myspacegold 8.0 and the basic settings keep dissapearing
Is there a list of recommended settings for this software
Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Basic settings
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 05:59:59 am »

Don't use the outdated coppermine version cpg1.3.x when starting from scratch. Always use the most recent stable (currently cpg1.4.6).
I have no idea what "myspacegold 8.0" is, but I guess it contains a pre-configured coppermine install. Such software isn't recommended at all - they tend to be buggy and outdated. Install coppermine as suggested in the docs after having downloaded the most recent version.
What should the config recommendations look like? The config options exist because they need to be configured to make coppermine work. The settings for thumbnail size, intermediates etc are already populated by default, so you can consider those entries as fail-safe options. Please read the docs, they should tell you what the options are being used for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.