Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Norwegian letters...  (Read 3742 times)

oysteinw

• Coppermine newbie
Problems with Norwegian letters...
« on: May 29, 2006, 10:12:47 pm »

Upgraded from version 1.3.3 to 1.4.6.  Works fine except one thing, the norwegian letters are not correct.  If I choose character encoding to Western my old comments are shown correct, but the menus are all wrong.  If I choose the recommended Unicode the menus are correct, but the comments are messed up.  There is no "Norwegian" (or Danish, that's the same) character encoding available for me.

Have anyone some suggestions??
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:05:07 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problems with Norwegian letters...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 04:58:13 am »

Use unicode (aka utf-8) as suggested and convert your textual content in your database by running the charsetmgr.php (as suggested in the upgrade script). As an alternative, you can use iso8859-1 (western) afaik. Has been asked quite often already, please search the board before posting.

oysteinw

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Problems with Norwegian letters...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:33:31 pm »

Thanks!!  That solved the problem  (OK, I'm lazy, should have searched more or read the manual first....)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 15 queries.