Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot crop an image  (Read 2836 times)

Bullmax

• Coppermine novice
Cannot crop an image
« on: May 28, 2006, 01:07:49 am »

I cannot seem to be able to crop an image.  I can rotate it but cannot modify the size of it.  I know I usta be able to reduce the width height etc but can't now.  Am I missing something simple to activate this?

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Cannot crop an image
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 01:31:13 am »

cropping/resizing on the server is resources-consuming. You're probably running into server-sided limitations. Usually, the same issues apply as for uploading. Please refer to the sticky thread on the uploads board.
If you need more details, posting a link to your coppermine-driven page and a non-admin test user account might help.

Bullmax

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 05:44:19 pm »

I took a look at those links and everything looks fine on my photoalbum.

Here is a test account:
Username: test123
Password: test123
Site: http://www.thepregnancyplace.com/photoalbum
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 06:10:21 pm by Bullmax »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:55:47 pm »

Uploading a small pic works fine, uploading a hires pic fails though - something goes wrong, as I'm prompted to download db_input.php, which indicates that there is something fishy on your server-setup, or that you're running into server-sided restrictions.
Setting "Maximum allowed file size" to 10MB is just wishful thinking though, you're probably running into server-sided restrictions as suggested above, this applies to cropping as well as uploading hires pics. Please read the sticky. If the server isn't yours to administer, you're probably stuck and should resize and crop on the client before uploading. Nothing else I could recommend except upgrading to the most recent stable release (which will probably not fix this issue, but unrelated security issues).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 16 queries.