Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users that Showed UP, No Longer Show UP/ Groups Disappear also!!! (concerned)  (Read 5866 times)

severeidaho

• Coppermine regular visitor

I previously posted this as a MiniCMS problem.   I found out that MINIcms had nothing to do with Tables in my Database.  So I am posting this as a Permissions topic.

I did something,  I cant tell what I did.   But I previously had 2 extra registered users that used to show up in my Users panel,   The REGIstered users showed they existed, but now doesnt,  also I tried re-adding the previous users,  BUT I got a Duplicate error, basically stating that the user already exists.

Also,  I had two additional Groups added.  1.family and 2.friends.  My 2 previous Registered users were added to the groups and with the Users disappearing first or the groups,  I lost both altogether. 

Obviously Something went wrong,  I checked my Logs for my website,  I was the only one to access my info.  I state this cause I noted a Moderator stating to check the log to see if unathorized access was subject to another posting similar to this one.   

Im sure it probably takes a quick check in my database or some string,  Im such a novice that I couldnt do either without proper help. 

The solution Im looking for is to Restore the USERS,  My groups has already been restored.  Im running cpg 1.4.3(stable)  My website is located at http://www.severeidaho.com/gallery/

Looking forward to hearing from you guys....  Any input would be nice.

-gerrit

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

why do you use the outdated version cpg1.4.3 that is known to have bugs and security flaws. Upgrade to the most recent stable version cpg1.4.5, then test if this happens again.

Joachim

P.S. What's a moderator for you? Coppermine doesn't have moderator capabilities, so the other guy must have admin privileges. Maybe he (or you) have made a mistake - can happen pretty easily if you're not extra careful, that's why we recommend not giving admin powers to others light-heartedly

severeidaho

• Coppermine regular visitor

what i meant was,  Another USER of CPG on this forum posted basically the same ISSUE as me, and the Admin/Moderator that replied mentioned to check His Logs to see if unathorized access was to blame. 

In my ISSUE,  I am the Only Admin on my board.  No one else has access...

I will UPDATE my CPG shortly and see if that clears it up...

Will let you guys know what happens....

-gerrit

maxymalny

• Coppermine newbie
    • Family Album

Its a little bit old topic, but I have the same problem - I had two extra groups (family, LO) and few users in that groups. After version updating (1.4.10 -> 1.4.16) and adding Mod by Stramm those users n groups just disappeared.. They dont show up any more in User Manager, but I can not add any of them again - user alredy exist.. I've created again those groups, but missing users are still invisible. Any idea what should I do to fix it?

maxymalny

• Coppermine newbie
    • Family Album

OK, I've found the solution for my problem - when the groups disappeared, users belongs for those groups didn't show up in users manager, but... but I still could edit them, using url:
Code: [Select]
http://mydomain.com/usermgr.php?op=edit&user_id=[ID]where [ID] is a user number

So.. I did it - just I've put them back to the right group. Works fine now :)

Sorry about messiness  ;)

nielsp

• Coppermine newbie

I've had the same problem yesterday. One of my custom groups suddenly disappeared from the Coppermine database and all the users belonging to that group seemed to be gone.

Just re-creating the group doesn't do the trick, the group will have another group_id than before so the users still are missing.

The trick as mentioned before will work but with a great number of users... I have better things to do ;-)

What I did was, using phpAdmin, searching in the usertable what group_id's were missing and, also with phpAdmin, re-created the groups using the same group_id as before. And there they were back again, all my missing users!

The remaining question: how can a CPG group disappear all of a sudden. I wasn't even working with my gallery at the time. The one moment I could upload photo's, a hour later the group was gone :-s
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.