Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the point of having different categories if users can't upload to them?  (Read 3426 times)

visordown

• Coppermine newbie

Registered users cannot put albums in the categories I (admin) create.  Their photos will only go under one category and that is "Users Gallery".  The FAQ section says you can select the album you want your photo to go to, but there's no option for this when you upload.

What's the point of having different categories if no one can put their pictures in them?  Instead of having it organized by users being able to post pictures into appropriate categories, it's rather disorganized with all the users photos just lumped into one category (Users Gallery), yet the other categories sit there empty.   ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

1) files go into albums, not into categories
2) You can specify albums in public categories that you want your visitors to be able to upload to. Please read the docs.

toni1

• Coppermine newbie

I have a similar problem, just posted a question about it. I guess I should have read here before :)
Where in the docs can I find info? Can you pass me a link?
Thanks

visordown

• Coppermine newbie

1) files go into albums, not into categories
2) You can specify albums in public categories that you want your visitors to be able to upload to. Please read the docs.

I've read every inch of that doc for hours.  This does answer the question.  So users are not allowed to post picture albums in any other category other than "User Gallery".  This should be fixed because my users need to place thier pictures under the categories I have created for organization.  I belong to a motorcycle website called R1 forum .com and in their you can upload a picture to any category they have.  As a user you cannot create categories, but you can upload to any that are already created.  The program they use is PhotoPost PHP Pro.  Can Coppermine be changed to allow users to put thier albums in any category besides "User Gallery" only?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

don't double-post nor cross-post, I already answered your identical reply on the other thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.