Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Directory 'albums/Dinozland....'is not writable, files can't be deleted  (Read 4147 times)

Dino33L

• Coppermine newbie
    • Dinozland

I am having trouble deleting an album in one of my directories. The full message is: Directory 'albums/Dinozland_Media_Gallery/Gallery_DLM/Scenery Gallery_DLM/Coastal and Ocean Pics_DLM/' is not writable, files can't be deleted. I usually delete my files from my Gallery/Admin but this time I deleted them using my FTP program. I'm EXTREMELY new at alt this and I really don't know what to do now to fix this. I've tried reloading the pictures back into this album but then they show twice (once with the actual thumbnail and a second time with a basic "blank" thumbnail. I've had very little "training" on using FTP and I actually had help from an ex-friend getting this gallery up and running (unfortunately, I cannot go back to him for help). Any help would be appricated...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 06:21:33 am by TranzNDance »
Dino33L

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project

you can use IE (Internet Explorer) as a FTP client , insert your ftp address of site on address bar after that it will prompt you for username and password , write them in and go.
after login you can browse to those folders and thn just right Click on them and select all the check boxes in this way you will change the permission to 777 and then you can work with them from gallery
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

never use your FTP app to delete files once they exist within coppermine's database.

Dino33L

• Coppermine newbie
    • Dinozland

you can use IE (Internet Explorer) as a FTP client , insert your ftp address of site on address bar after that it will prompt you for username and password , write them in and go.
after login you can browse to those folders and thn just right Click on them and select all the check boxes in this way you will change the permission to 777 and then you can work with them from gallery

I did the steps you mentioned above and I still can't delete the album (at least I think I understood you correctly - I found the album, right clicked and went to PROPERTIES, and on the "Permissions" section I made sure ALL the boxes; read, write, execute; where all checked for OWNER, GROUP, ALL USERS) . Now, when I'm in my Gallery and I go to this album, the thumbnail is a white box with a red X in it. I NOW realize (like I should have in the first place, DON'T USE FTP to delete from my gallery..oops). Currently, there isn't anything in this folder.
Dino33L

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project

if you can't delete you album from gallery it self then you can delete this album by editing your Mysql tables manualy ,but take extra care if you going to do that , it can destroy all your gallery as well.
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Dino33L

• Coppermine newbie
    • Dinozland

I'm pretty "ignorant" when it comes to these things so I don't really know where to "edit my Mysql". Like I mentioned, I had help getting this up and running. I'm still looking at it to see if I can get it to "fix itself" but it that's what I need to do then I'll have to do it  >:( :o :-[
Dino33L

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

You would need to ask your webhost how to edit your mysql database, if they even let you.

Dino33L

• Coppermine newbie
    • Dinozland

Thanks for the info. I've been quite "pleased" to see I have a place to go for my questions to get answered pretty quickly. Thanks for the help. If I get it figured out, I'll try and leave the result so others can see what they might need to do  ;)
Dino33L

Dino33L

• Coppermine newbie
    • Dinozland

You would need to ask your webhost how to edit your mysql database, if they even let you.

Well, I did it - of course with your help - THANK YOU! I indeed needed to get into my "mysql database". to do so, I had to log onto my HOST site, and from there I was able to get into my database, find the file (album), and delete them. Thank you again for helping me out and poiinting me in that direction. It did take some searching, but I think I did it. Let's just say, THEY ARE GONE and my gallery still works so I guess you can say it was successful... :D ;D :D ;D

This can be labeled as "SOLVED"
Dino33L
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 15 queries.