Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MySQL database cannot be found?  (Read 2615 times)

Olivia

• Coppermine newbie
MySQL database cannot be found?
« on: April 01, 2006, 07:22:45 am »

Hey, im having this trouble when installing coppermine. I've tried looking around for other threads with the same problem but i couldn't find any.

Anways, i've gotten through all the steps pretty smoothly except when im trying to install it. I already created a MySQL Database Name and a MySQL Username. After that, i enter all my information and then hit 'Lets Go!'. But then i get this an error message saying that mySQL could not locate the database name. I simply dont get it. I entered the database name and username correctly, and i already created them too, i dont know why it cant locate the database name.

Do you guys have any ideas why this is? I would be so ever greatful if someone could help me out. Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: MySQL database cannot be found?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 07:39:58 am »

Things to keep in mind with mysql:
  • mysql stuff mustn't contain dots, single quotes, or any other special chars. Make sure your mysql database, username and password contain only letters a-z, numbers 0-9 and the underscore (_). No Umlauts (ä,ö,ü), accented chars (é,è,ê)!
  • After having created the mysql database and the mysql user, make sure that the mysql user has got the needed permissions (usually an extra step). The mysql user needs CREATE TABLE, ALTER, SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE permissions (sue me if I have forgotten another permission, as I'm typing this out of the back of my head)

For additional mysql stuff, ask your webhost for support, as there's little we could help you with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.