Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help with mysql error  (Read 5188 times)

jim8

• Coppermine newbie
help with mysql error
« on: February 26, 2006, 10:58:28 pm »

Hello,
Sorry to bother you people but I have been trying my best to fiqure out why I am having problems loading my current cpg 1.43 version up and running but I am getting nowhere. The following is the error that I am receiving after I ran the install.php

mySQL Error: Table 'cpg140_albums' already exists on query ' CREATE TABLE cpg140_albums ( aid int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, title varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', description text NOT NULL default '', visibility int(11) NOT NULL default '0', uploads enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'NO', comments enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'YES', votes enum('YES','NO') NOT NULL default 'YES', pos int(11) NOT NULL default '0', category int(11) NOT NULL default '0', thumb int(11) NOT NULL default '0', keyword VARCHAR( 50 ), alb_password VARCHAR( 32 ), alb_password_hint TEXT, PRIMARY KEY (aid), KEY alb_category (category) ) TYPE=MyISAM'

Any help to this would be appreciated.
Thank you

Nibbler

Re: help with mysql error
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 10:59:30 pm »

You can't install Coppermine into the same database twice using the same prefix. Either remove the previous installation, pick a different prefix, or use a different database.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 11:17:41 pm »

Are you trying to upgrade a current gallery or install an additional one?

jim8

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 11:33:01 pm »

Are you trying to upgrade a current gallery or install an additional one?

Hello TranzNDance,
Thanks for your reply. I am not trying neither this is a complete new install and there are no other photo galleries on my server.
I just don't get it this is really strange.

jim8

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 12:00:21 am »

You can't install Coppermine into the same database twice using the same prefix. Either remove the previous installation, pick a different prefix, or use a different database.

Hello Nibbler,
Thank very much for taking your time to reply to my post. Ok, I am currently using phpmyadmin 2.6.4-pl2  if I understand you correctly that you are saying that my prefix are both the same (for example if my database file name called  jim_photo and user in the photo are called jim_m1) yes you are correct the prefix are the same but using phpmyadmin 2.6.4-pl2 or the way the server is setup (which I am unaware of ) it does not give me a chance to change the prefix it is set to my default first name.
If I can't change the prefix or have a different database other then the one I have on my server am I out of luck.
Thank you

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 12:02:51 am »

You can change the table prefix on the install page, just set it to something different to cpg140_

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#install_screen_start

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 12:05:39 am »

Hello Nibbler,
Thank very much for taking your time to reply to my post. Ok, I am currently using phpmyadmin 2.6.4-pl2  if I understand you correctly that you are saying that my prefix are both the same (for example if my database file name called  jim_photo and user in the photo are called jim_m1) yes you are correct the prefix are the same but using phpmyadmin 2.6.4-pl2 or the way the server is setup (which I am unaware of ) it does not give me a chance to change the prefix it is set to my default first name.
If I can't change the prefix or have a different database other then the one I have on my server am I out of luck.
Thank you

The prefix we are talking about is for the individual tables in the database. I think the prefix you refer to is your database name prefix, and that's completely separate.

jim8

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 01:16:18 am »

You can change the table prefix on the install page, just set it to something different to cpg140_

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#install_screen_start

Ok, thanks I am getting a little bit closer now when I rerun it and click lets continue I get the following error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'bridge/coppermine.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jim/public_html/photogallery/include/init.inc.php on line 234

Ok, I understand this and I have checked that both the files are in my include and bridge directory and they are and I also changed
the permissions to 777 for all the files and the two directories. Is this the correct?
thanks

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006, 01:36:35 am »

Can you post a link ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 16 queries.