Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: migrate user info and albums  (Read 4221 times)

zac

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
migrate user info and albums
« on: February 18, 2006, 10:15:57 am »

Hi.. I did a new install of 1.4.3 and have hacked it up beyond recognition to what i want. 

I didnt want to the direct upgrade to my old version because of all of the modifications I have done it became too confusing. 

Is it possible for me to migrate all of the user info (name, passwords, groups, albums) from my old cpm to the new one, whcih has a new mySQL database? 

I get nervous when it comes to databases and will probably screw it up.  Is it easier to just recreate all of the users and their albums?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: migrate user info and albums
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:31:41 am »

just create a dump of your mySQL database and restore it on the new install. Then run the update.php script. Backup everything within the albums folder of your old install and upload it to the new one.
That should be it. If you're afraid to lose anything, create a backup of your new install (both files and mySQL database) first, so you can safely go back.

zac

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 03:28:20 am »

hmmm thanks GauGau.. i am still a bit confused though.  Ok.. my old cpm install has a mySQL database called clients 1 and my new install has a mySQL database called clients2.  This database (clients2) is essentially empty.   So... I backed up my clients1 to my computer but I dont really understand the restore.. it just restores it back to the same database without giving me any option of where to restore it.  Do I need to have it restore to the clients2 database and overwrite that?  How? 

Sorry for being dense.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 03:32:11 am »

How are you doing the restore ? You may need to edit the .sql file with a text editor if it specifies the database name.

zac

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 03:37:05 am »

Hey Nibbler... I was just trying my servers Cpanel.. it wasnt doing much for me.  I dont really know what i am doing... .the backup I downloaded from my server isnt a .sql file it is a .gz file. ?!

SHould I edit the config.inc.php to use the old database?  Would that work?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.