Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using php/SSI in template.html?  (Read 4125 times)

trt

• Coppermine newbie
Using php/SSI in template.html?
« on: February 04, 2006, 03:17:22 am »

Hello,
     I'm trying to create my own template using the classic as my base. my site uses php and php/SSI for menus an example is <? include("../mainnav.htm"); ?> which i use on all pages to bring up the main navigation menu. But when i go to view the gallery none of the menus are being displayed. I've tried pointing to every possible level with no success. Gallery/index.php should display this correctly shouldnt it since it's a php file? Or because the php tags are in an html file is it not working? I was thinking to rename the template.html file to .php but then i get an error that template.html couddnt be found or loaded, i then couldnt find the right place to edit the information to make coppermine load template.php. If anyone has any advice or a fix please let me know thanks in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

blackmamba

• Coppermine novice
Re: Using php/SSI in template.html?
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:54:35 pm »

Hello,
my first post here, & 10x for this nice Gallery.

Problem:
I was trying to add a voting poll to my template gallery and after 2 month of testing unsuccesfully like 30 php poll scripts, I've give up!
The funny part in this is that my webserver ignores the html files and parses them all as php files .... still i found that it was impossible to <... include something ...> in the template.html ... why so?

Solution?
I really take in consideration switching to an other gallery even if Coppermine is so fine.
my website

blackmamba

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 06:44:02 pm »

already done that ... still, the result of the {CUSTOM_HEADER} was in the top of the page, not in the middle of the page as I've setted in the template.html

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 06:48:21 pm »

Make sure your custom header is returning the content and not echoing it out directly. Use output buffering if necessary.

blackmamba

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 01:27:56 pm »

I've finally managed inserting a voting poll in my gallery!

Strange also was the behavior of the {CUSTOM_HEADER} if inserted after {GALLERY} .. it won't show up.
So i had to use {CUSTOM_FOOTER} instead and everything went ok.
Must say that from all the voting polls I've tried, only LunarPoll did the job well.

Noticing this problem with the voting poll kept me awake for 1 month, and I'm not the only one in this forum with the same problem, please take in your consideration an Add-on or something with this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 15 queries.