Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Login problem with phpBB 2.0.19 and cpg143  (Read 3490 times)

pmcnally

• Coppermine newbie
Login problem with phpBB 2.0.19 and cpg143
« on: January 27, 2006, 03:33:02 am »

When I try to login to cpg143, it takes me to the phpBB login page and redirects me on successful login, however, it doesn't log me in to cpg.  I can login when I start at the phpBB page, and then after I am logged in manually go to cpg.  If I do that I will be logged in, but if I start at cpg and try to login, it won't actually log me in.  Does anybody have any ideas?  Thank you all.

Coppermine install: http://www.ofreality.net/cpg143/
Forum install: http://www.ofreality.net/phpBB2/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.3
Forum version: PHPbb v2.0.19
Test user account: pacman / pat01

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.ofreality.net/phpBB2 
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../phpBB2/ 
Use post-based groups?:  0 
Cookie prefix:  phpbb2mysql 

In phpBB2
Cookie name: phpbb2mysql
Cookie path: /

In cpg143
Cookie name: cpg143
Cookie path: /

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 03:12:30 am by GauGau »

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
Re: Login problem with phpBB 2.0.19 and cpg143
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 06:09:44 am »

This may have more to do with all the prompts you have set up for user name and password than it does with the bridge.

After clicking on the link you posted to your gallery, I was prompted for username and password to even get to the gallery page. Then after clicking on the login link on the gallery page, it redirected to the phpBB login page, as it should. I note the username was already filled in.  However, after putting the password in the login form and clicking the log in button, another prompt for username and password jumped into my face.

Once again I filled in the user name and password in the prompt box, and then it took me back to the gallery page, where it appeared I was not logged in.

Switched back here and clicked on the link to your forum, and found I was logged in there. Hmmm. OK, came back here and clicked on the link to your gallery again, and now I was also logged in to the gallery.

Logged out, tried to log in again, and was taken to the gallery page as though I had not logged in. Yet opening the forum in another browser window showed I was logged in there, and then opening the gallery in yet another browser window showed I was logged in there. This is bizarre.

As a first step, I would suggest you eliminate the code that is giving all those extra log in prompt boxes and is pre-filling the user name in the phpBB login box, and then test the bridge to see if the login works properly. I do suspect the problem is being caused by that code.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 01:22:00 pm »

Set your cookie domain to .ofreality.net in phpbb's config.

pmcnally

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 01:19:50 am »

Thank you, that worked gloriously =)

Light and Love to you all =)

-Patrick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.