Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$'  (Read 6351 times)

exprotein

• Coppermine newbie

I got this error message after I installed Coppermine 1.4.3:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/.../include/init.inc.php on line 119

I've tried to download Coppermine again, but the problem still exist.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 05:03:04 pm by TranzNDance »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

Download the zip from a different mirror, extract and upload to your website.  Make sure to overwrite all files.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

exprotein

• Coppermine newbie

I tried to download Coppermine again directly from the attachment of this post http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25598.0

I upload everything, overwrite the older files on my host, delete the old database and create a new database. I still got that error message, no change of line number.

I'm using another version of Coppermine, 1.3.4 on another MySQL database and it works very good!

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

It sounds like the file is getting corrupted during the upload process.  That's usually the only explanation for a parse error immediately after installation.  Can you upload that file with a different FTP client?  You may also be uploading in binary mode instead of auto or ascii.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

exprotein

• Coppermine newbie

I downloaded file init.inc.php (the file that causes the error message) and found out something funny on line 119 and 120.

This is the orginal file <init.inc.php> before uploaded:

Code: [Select]
line 117: $ALBUM_SET = '';
line 118: $META_ALBUM_SET = '';
line 119: $FORBIDDEN_SET = '';
line 120: $FORBIDDEN_SET_DATA = array();
line 121: $CURRENT_CAT_NAME = '';
line 122: $CAT_LIST = '';

And this this the file <init.inc.php> after uploaded and downloaded back to my computer:

Code: [Select]
line 117: $ALBUM_SET = '';
line 118: $META_ALBUM_SET = '';
line 119: $            _SET = '';
line 120: $            _SET_DATA = array();
line 121: $CURRENT_CAT_NAME = '';
line 122: $CAT_LIST = '';

The two words "FORBIDEN" dissappear, I don't know why, but when I try to delete the file on my host, and upload again, after that download that file again, and there's lack of the word "FORBIDEN" again.
I think that's the point, I'll try another FTP client

exprotein

• Coppermine newbie

After a while manually repeair file <init.inc.php> directly on my host. I found out that there's many files that have errors, and all because those files after uploaded become lack some word or only a character, then it must be the FTP client I'm using cause the problem.

I'll fix it I hope I'll have good news

exprotein

• Coppermine newbie

I'm stuck! After I fix all the problem files, I receive a blank page...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

what FTP app are you using? What editor did you use? Post a link to your site.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Find yourself a better FTP client and reupload all of the files again.  Make sure you aren't transferring in binary mode.  If there's an auto setting, use it.

exprotein

• Coppermine newbie

I'm sorry for my late answer, I've just had an important business trip for a fews days and I didn't have time for my gallery...

I'm using WS_FTP Professional of Ipswitch, I have to pay 89$ for that software.

My gallery: www.heavenofsix.com/QH-BA

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

good FTP app, should work as expected. Make sure you have configured it's options properly and use the proper mode. Did you get a fresh copy from the download section as suggested? Don't use the attachment, it's only meant as last resort. The cached version on your machine may be corrupt.

exprotein

• Coppermine newbie

It sounds funny but I think the hosting service that hold my website is the cause of problem.
Many files after uploaded and downloaded are lacked of some character or some words, especially the word "forbidden". I've tried other FTP client, and the issue still occurs, lack of words...

exprotein

• Coppermine newbie

After I disable all the protective programs like Norton AntiVirus, ZoneAlarm, CyberSitter and try to upload all the files in binary mode again, I got it worked!!!.

Thank you your guys for all the advices and attention
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.