Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal error :  (Read 16711 times)

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
Fatal error :
« on: December 24, 2005, 12:03:08 pm »

I had version 1.3.3 installed, i then transferred it accross to my new server and i got the following error:
Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /home/julian/public_html/include/functions.inc.php on line 96
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

I was then told to upgrade to the latest version which i did, now all i get is:
Fatal error :

I have two gallery's which have the same problem!

Can someone tell me how to get this sorted

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Fatal error :
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 01:30:39 pm »

did you upgrade using Fantastico? You mustn't, upgrade as suggested in the docs. Post a link to your gallery.

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 04:16:52 pm »

This is where the gallery is located:
http://216.16.246.124/~julian/
This is the temp account on the new server. I have started again (deleted account, and transferred from old server)
I used fantastico to install, but i used the docs to upgrade, i dont have fantastico on the new server.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 04:47:14 pm by tjmoore »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 05:12:28 pm »

you haven't upgraded as suggested - I only checked one file (http://216.16.246.124/~julian/themes/classic/template.html) and it turns out that it's a cpg1.3.3 file.
Re-upload all files from the cpg1.4.x package, and make sure to overwrite the outdated copies on the server.

Joachim

P.S. your server is improperly configured - when you go to http://www.local.local/~julian/themes you get an error message that www.local.local hasn't been found. It's not recommended to run a webserver publicly if you're not a pro.

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 05:34:20 pm »

So do i follow the instuctions in the docs file:

# First, make a backup (dump) of your database.
# Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directoy.
# Unpack the archive
# If the file install.php exists in the root directory, delete it.
# Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory.
# If you have not already done so, create a folder called "edit" within your "albums" directory - this folder will be used by coppermine as a temporary folder, do not ftp-upload files there. Make sure the new "edit"-folder is CHMODed the same way your albums-directory is (755 or 777, depending on your server's config)
# Run the file "update.php" in the coppermine directory once in your browser (e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/coppermine/update.php). This will update your coppermine install by making all necessary changes in the database.

I did this before and it said "Fatal error"

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 05:36:03 pm »

You haven't updated your files, check for yourself.

http://216.16.246.124/~julian/sql/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 05:36:44 pm »

you haven't replaced the old files with the new ones - make sure your FTP app is configured to overwrite existing files.

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 06:17:35 pm »

Updated, went to update.php and at the bottom it say's:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/julian/public_html/update.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/julian/public_html/update.php on line 50
Upgrade completed

Now when I go to http://216.16.246.124/~julian/index.php it comes up with "Fatal error" again!

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 06:21:27 pm »

Verify include/config.inc.php contains the correct information.

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 06:33:52 pm »

Everything is correct, the only thing there that i think seems different is:
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] = 'cpg_'        ;

Does cpg_ need a number after it (cpg_43)

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 06:38:03 pm »

It doesn't *need* a number, it just has to be correct. Take a look into the database and see what the prefix is supposed to be.

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 06:45:30 pm »

Do you know what i'm looking for and where abouts?
This is running fine on the old server, www.jp.tjm-computers.co.uk
Its when i transfer accross i get these problems, i have two gallery's and they are both the same
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 06:57:35 pm by tjmoore »

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2005, 01:28:27 pm »

I have re-installed coppermine again, then used the old galley's database and used the update.php page, but it still says fatal error!!
Whats wrong?

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2005, 12:17:02 pm »

**URGENT**
Does anyone know whats wrong??
Its when It's transferred over to another server, i have 4 servers and its the same for each one!

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2005, 03:55:54 pm »

Use phpMyAdmin and actually look at the Coppermine tables.  There will be a prefix in front of each table name, like cpg132_.  Put that prefix in your config.inc.php file.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Gary B

• Coppermine novice
    • Hagerty High School
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2005, 04:41:33 pm »

Ok so I decided to tempt the fates and upgrade from 1.3.4   to cpg142.
I read the instructions
I deleted the install.php....I backed up my include/config.inc.php file, and anycontent.php file.
I ftp'd all the files over to the web server with the exception of my Albums directory.

I ran the update.php and it appeared to complete normally. I logged in locally and reset my bridge settings for phpBB 2.0.18.
Everything appeared to work. I was able to log into the Gallery and set some configuration settings such as showing view counts under thumbnails etc...it all seemed to work...I was happy.

THEN... the next time I went into the gallery all I got was a white page with the words fatal error. No line numbers, no other text at all. I looked at the source code and all that was there was fatal error <br>

So....I came here  searched on fatal error and found a lot of messages but nothing that seemed to apply to my problem. I did revert back to my saved files and am now back to 1.3.4 BUT with my database showing it has been upgraded to 1.4.2.

So....without leaving my gallery broken so anyone here could take a look at it...is there anything else I should / could have done to get up to the latest version succesfully?

www.themeparks.com/library

Hosting Server information:
Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)
PHP version 4.4.1
MySQL version 4.0.25-standard
Operating system Linux

tjmoore

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2005, 06:35:23 pm »

I have managed to fix this issue WITHOUT help from the so called "Coppermine wizard's"
So, for anyone with the same problem here is what I did:

You need to login to coppermine (admin login), then go to the config page, change the language to "Unicode (utf-8)" and save.
You should then be able to transfer with the "Fatal error" message.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2005, 08:00:32 pm »

so called "Coppermine wizard's"

Thats disrepectful and unfair,  No dev has ever made that claim about his/herself, the only person who has referred to the dev's as wizards is you.

Several devs were giving you help to the best of their ability to understand what YOUR particular situation was.  You should be appreciative even if you ended up solving your own issue.

You have to admit "Fatal Error" isn't much to go on, and its not a result of Coppermine's error detection code, its a fact that your webhost (rightly so) limits the error information that it allows the PHP processor to divulge to end users. There's nothing the devs can do about this, nor would be in your best interest to suggest the host change that policy.

We do what we can, were human, don't spit on us if you ever want us to help you again.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2005, 08:07:33 pm »

@tjmoore & @bungargp 

What language did you both have selected prior to upgrading/moving?

I wonder what would happen if bungargp ran charsetmgr.php if he can login.

If not if he could change that encoding value via phpmyadmin and see if that works.

Gary B

• Coppermine novice
    • Hagerty High School
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 08:10:16 pm »

And to further the confusion....I tried changing to the Unicode (utf-8) and that didn't seem to make a difference....what I AM seeing now is I can log in through my PHPBBS and then it lets me into my gallery...but if I try to enter the gallery without logging in first to my phpbbs I get the fatal error message.

http://www.themeparks.com/library

I am going to leave it broken with the hope that someone will be able to help me.

All I see is Fatal error :<br /> in the source code...and no matter what file I try and run I get the same error message.
If I am logged in everything works.

I upgraded using FTP and did not use Fantasico. I think I followed all the upgrade isntructions to the letter.

Help me - anyone...and Thank you!
Gary
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.