Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sizing of Thumbnails question  (Read 2761 times)

LocoJones

• Coppermine newbie
Sizing of Thumbnails question
« on: December 17, 2003, 10:20:08 pm »

Is there any option currently, or in the works, for a fixed dimension for thumbnails?

One of the problems I encounter currently in trying to set-up this gallery is strictly aesthetic.  If you do not have original images that have identical dimensions, using either height, width, or max aspect for thumbnails in the config script generates thumbnails of different shapes and sizes.  This really detracts from the uniformity of a photo gallery.

The reason I ask is that, for instance, Photoshop's batch gallery script allows me to generate thumbnails that are 50px x 75px regardless of the original's dimensions.  So while the original pictures may be of varied sizes, the thumbnails all look uniform and present an appealing visual display as the user scrolls through the galleries.

Thanks for your time.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Sizing of Thumbnails question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 10:28:31 pm »

see this thread.
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

look for the lomobloq site, and he discusses how he sets the thumbnails so they are all the same size.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Xena

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Sizing of Thumbnails question
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 03:27:51 pm »

I hope it's ok to post to a thread this old. I tried using the link provided and got an error message *The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. *, so I did a search for lomobloq but this was the only hit I got :( I've read every single thread on custom thumbnail sizing but no-one seems to have an answer.
Has anyone accomplished fixed size thumbs and have a tutorial, mod or hack available? I love this gallery, it's been a breeze to work with, but not being able to set both width and height dimensions at the same time is very frustrating and I really don't want to have to change to any other  :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 07:18:34 am »

look for "lomo" then, maybe it was written "lomo bloq" or "lomo block" (try alternative spelling), the user who posted this was "rbl".

GauGau

Xena

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 06:24:59 am »

Thank you GauGau :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.