Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [MOD request] Scheduled release  (Read 3390 times)

Benqo

• Coppermine newbie
[MOD request] Scheduled release
« on: August 06, 2005, 06:57:51 pm »

Hi,

I just saw that my favourite blogging software works together with coppermine, too. The only thing I miss in CPG is the possibility to create a gallery, but release it, lets say, a week later to the public/registered users. This would make a blog and CPG work together perfectly. (For instance, if you drive a galleryblog like me and you're planning vacation, well, I prepare my content in forehand, just to serve continuity)
Until the release date the gallery is only shown to administrators/moderators, but not to the public or to registered users.

From my point of view it shouldn't be a problem to add a field with the release date and add the age checkings in the code, too, but since I haven't investigated the code too much right now, I lack on knowledge about CPG modding.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: [MOD request] Scheduled release
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 02:52:19 pm »

just a hint... if you make the album not visible till a certain date then users still can get the pics with clicking lastup, lastupby, last comments etc. That's the way coppermine works. To avoid that you'll have to introduce visibility for pics and albums... and then just need to modify the where clause in these MySQL statements a lil bit to reflect the date (functions.inc.php -> function get_pic_data)... or you go the hard way and do a lot of modding

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 03:40:07 pm »

It should be possible to do this by adding to the album exclusion code that already exists in get_private_album_set(). You'd just need to modify the query in that function to also include any albums that are not yet 'released'.

Benqo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 06:39:00 am »

Hi,

well, thanks for the hints, I'll try to investigate the code. I have the impression of adding a field in the database for the release date as a property of the gallery. When viewing images the gallery id for having the "up-link" is also queried, so it should be possible to disable images, when the gallery is not released.

Benqo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 15 queries.