Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 535 Authentication failure  (Read 11887 times)

SertTurk

• Coppermine newbie

I am getting this error each time I try to send a card.How can I fix this?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 05:09:15 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Edit your login info to the mail server in include/mailer.inc.php

SertTurk

• Coppermine newbie

Yes I had an expires email account in there.Now I edited with new and got this error:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first 7sm1904612nzn

I just remembered,I also changed the admin log in password lately.Do you think that has anything to do with it?

SertTurk

• Coppermine newbie

Anybody?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

Have you done a google search for "Response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first"?  There are a lot of hits for that error message.  Most of them are related to not using STMP over TLS when the server requires it.  If you are using gmail that is most likely the problem.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

SertTurk

• Coppermine newbie

ahh,I did the google but nothing came up but I wrote the whole thing.yes,I am using gmail,I will do some reading and change the email addy if necessary.Consider this solved,thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.