Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: admin creating user galleries for other users  (Read 4464 times)

moose6589

• Coppermine newbie
admin creating user galleries for other users
« on: April 09, 2005, 04:38:51 pm »

Hi,

I couldn't find this in the documentation or on the boards, so I assume it doesn't exist, but is the admin able to create user galleries for other users? It seems that when I login as admin, I can only create public galleries and the admin's own user gallery, but not other user galleries. I can upload to other user galleries with albums in them, just not create new albums? Why not?

intelgio

• Coppermine newbie
Re: admin creating user galleries for other users
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:09:35 pm »

Just do a album view and go into edit mode for the gallery as admin. toward the botton you will see an option to allows visitors to upload to the gallery..

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: admin creating user galleries for other users
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 01:30:18 am »

@intelgio: thanks for your readiness to try to answer the question, but your answer doesn't apply here, sorry.

@moose6589: in cpg1.3.x, there's no such option using the coppermine user interface. Only option to accomplish this is directly on your database, using a tool like phpMyAdmin. Not recommended though - teach your users to create their own personal galleries. They're named "personal galleries" because it's the user who is suppossed to create and maintain it. The admin is suppossed to create and maintain files in public galleries, and eventually allow users to upload files to the public galleries (as intelgio suggested)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.