Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank Page index.php and Install.php  (Read 4822 times)

EricK

• Coppermine newbie
Blank Page index.php and Install.php
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:56:44 am »

I am trying to install Coppermine 1.3.2 on FreeBSD 5.3 with Apache 2.0, MySQL 4.0, PHP 5 and ImageMagick 6.2.
Apache appear to be working properly as well as MySql.  I have changed register_long_arrays = On in my php.ini file and phpinfo() shows that support for MySql and GD2 are enabled.

I have searched the forms and have found several posts on this very topic but have not been able to find anything that points me in the correct direction.

Any additional help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Eric
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 01:28:59 pm by GauGau »

EricK

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Blank Page index.php and Install.php
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 02:37:22 am »

O.K. I found out what my problem was.
I noticed an error in Apache's httpd-error.log

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function preg_split() in /usr/local/www/coppermine/index.php on line 21

I commented out the function found on line 21, as I am not using in standalone mode only to find the same function in intstall.php, which I also commented out.

Now the index.php loaded and the install.php loaded.  I filled out the information on the install.php file and clicked "Lets Go" only to be presented with a Coppermine logo and the rest of the page was blank.  Again, I looked to the Apache error log and found the following:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function preg_match() in /usr/local/www/coppermine/install.php on line 82.

After an extensive Google search I found out that both the preg_match and preg_split function are part of the pcre library which apparently was not installed by default.

I entered /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions/ and did a "make install".  This brought up a selection of extensions to install.  I selected the pcre extension.  After build was complete I restarted Apache and viola.  Everything appears to be working properly.

Eric

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Blank Page index.php and Install.php
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 01:28:49 pm »

thanks for returning and resolvng the issues you were facing.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 15 queries.